New Cust 622 Woes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sfollenius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Okay, I got a 622 installed on Sunday and am having multiple problems (its making the wife mad :) so the approval factor is dropping fast!)

Once per day the screen goes black, I hear screatching noise out of the speakers (optical connection) then the reciever simply dies and I have to unplug and plug back in. (IRD connected via Component).

On TV2 it seems like I am getting uhf interference (info for the show I am watching randomly pops up (as if I pushing select)) and the guide pops up, channels scroll, but one isnt always selected. I am having trouble figuring out how to change the UHF channels on the IRD itself. I followed the manual to change, Holding Sat. until all lights light up, entering a new channel #, pressing #, then record, it wont change on the IRD and remote wont work anymore unless I change it back to #1.

I have the known bug problem, where the picture stutters unless I pause for at least 5 seconds and watch on a delay and it goes away.

Anyone have any ideas?

My wife made a good point, I didnt have any of these problems until I hooked up an OTA antenna for OTA.

It sounds like your TV2 problems are remote related. Someone in your neighborhood has the same remote ID. Change your remote ID and you should have any problems.

EDIT: Oops, Sorry. I didn't read that you already tried that. Sorry, I can't help further.

You are not doing it right - you are trying to change the remote address not the channel number. First you must be on System Information screen to see your currrent remote address and instead of entering the channel number you pick a number between 1 and 15, since you are on 1, it should be different from 1. Otherwise, it is the same process. When you see the remote address has been changed you should be good to go. If the problem continues it is another problem. We can help you then as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts