New Customer HD Deal Starting Today June 9 2006

Go Bears

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Starting today June 9, 2006, as confirmed by Dishbuilder on Dish's website:

Lease upgrade fee for 211: $0

Lease upgrade fee for 622: $199

$200 credit toward any HD package of HD Bronze and above. ($20 per month x 10 months.)

Three months free of your choice of Starz, HBO, Show or Max

This is for new or existing customers. For existing, if you trade in the right hardware, you will get the $199 credit for the 622, bringing your net upgrade cost to zero.

Go Bears said:
Starting today June 9, 2006, as confirmed by Dishbuilder on Dish's website:

Lease upgrade fee for 211: $0

Lease upgrade fee for 622: $199

$200 credit toward any HD package of HD Bronze and above. ($20 per month x 10 months.)

Three months free of your choice of Starz, HBO, Show or Max

This is for new or existing customers. For existing, if you trade in the right hardware, you will get the $199 credit for the 622, bringing your net upgrade cost to zero.

Figures, the story of my life. I just upgraded from an 811 to 211 yesterday for the $49 upgrade fee. :mad:

EDIT: I just logged into my Dishnetwork.com account, and selected "Upgrade my equipment". The 622 is showing the lower $199 fee, but the 211 is still showing a $49 fee. Guess I won't down that arsenic just yet. :p

FYI, I thought Dishbuilder was for new accounts?

Last edited:
Are you required to get one of the Metal packs? My HT room wont be ready till August
but I would like to get everything now and get rid of all my SD receivers (3 in all).

So someone who is leasing a 811 could upgrade to a 211 for free now?
What about upgrade of the dish? going from a 105 superdish (locals moved to 110, not needed anymore) to a dish 1000 or dish 1000(+)

and what about the $200 credit, would moving from the old HD package..to the new get any credit?
Little confused

Scomikey said:
So someone who is leasing a 811 could upgrade to a 211 for free now?
What about upgrade of the dish? going from a 105 superdish (locals moved to 110, not needed anymore) to a dish 1000 or dish 1000(+)

and what about the $200 credit, would moving from the old HD package..to the new get any credit?
Little confused

I upgraded from the old mpeg2 HD Pak & leased 811 to a leased 211 & it included the upgrade from a Dish 500 to Dish 1000 dish needed to get the third satellite (61.5 or 129). The $49 fee I paid included both. It's not clear to me that it's now free.

I thought the $200 credit involved trading in an old HD PVR, not just moving from the old HD package.

I was with E* up until 3 years ago. I moved and could not get a line of sight because of trees. I had a choice between D* and cable and went with D*. Now that I've moved again and E* is kicking D*'s butt I'm thinking about going back to E*. Question is, would I qualify as a new customer? Should I sign up using my wife's name and SS#?

yeah I just checked the hd equipment upgrade page inside my account and it's been update, it's still $49 for a 211, but now $199 for a 622... (still $199 too much ;)

VP622 and leasing fees and recording fees per month?

Spoke with a CSR and he says that the old customers' get
only $10' discount/10 months instead of $20/10 mths (only' for new cust.).

Also he says it costs 5.98( lease fees) + ' 6(recording fees) per month on VIP622.
I was not aware of this recording fees before?. Is this something new
or was it already there before? So for VIP622, we will end up paying 11/month
extra apart from the $200 leased fees?

you have the name and fee association backwards, but yes those have always existed. The recording fee is really called the DVR Service fee and is wavied if you get Dish Platinum.

Good to know existing customers can geet $10 off for 10 months that's n ice of them :)

So basically the 622 lease is free as well since you are getting it back on your bill. This reminds me of FFA2 (Free For All - Two Receivers) when it used to have 20 credits of $10 each.

I do not remember any deal where the customer got any credits on their bill if they were an existing customer and got the $299 622 lease deal. So now existing customers not only get it for $199 ($100 less) but also $200 in credits for that programming? If that is the case then that is a MUCH better deal.

Existing customer credits still seems a wash, but people who have been told they exist, but it's $10 for 10 months, so $200 less then what new customers get. Also no free premium movie pack deals for existing

Is there still an 18 month commitment? I just got my 622 and HD service three weeks ago, and they completely messed up by bill! They overcharged me for service and doubled some charges by mistake. Now when I talk to them to correct this problem I may be able to get them to push me the "new" promotion with a FREE (after credits) 622 receiver! I can say I wasn't fully aware of the contract as it was not explained to me/implemented correctly and they STILL messed up my bill! This part is basically true anyway. I'm hesitant on lying and don't think I'll do it because it's just wrong. For example, possibly saying that the rep I talked to did in fact tell me about this new promotion that was coming up and that I would only be charged $199 for the 622. I believe that's pushing it. But, if they don't accept my terms I could threaten to walk, which would have some backing since they DID mess up the bill royally. What do you guys think? Any chance of me getting a pushover rep and nabbing a free 622?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts