New Customer - Impression After One Week!

joegr

joegr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 8, 2010
Gulfport
... My Harmony remote works fine as long as the wooden doors are open, but there is a known compatibility glitch between the HDMI IR Blaster and the Hopper, so the Harmony remote simply will not control the Hopper with the doors closed. ...

I also use Harmony 650s, with the equipment in a closed cabinet. The problem with the blaster is that Dish using a different IR modulation frequency than most. I think they do this to avoid interference from some plasma TVs. Anyway, I now use this IR blaster: Amazon product
It's not perfect, but it works well enough. I had to play around a lot with the placement of the emitter for the hopper/joey. Too close to the IR receiver on the unit, and it won't work, same for too far away. It has to be just right.

I don't know why the amazon link isn't working. It's the
Sewell BlastIR Pro, IR Emitter and Receiver Kit, IR Extender, Supports Dual Band IR and RC-MM IR Signals
by Sewell Direct

N

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Your Amazon link works fine, you just don't see it because of the ad blocker you must be using.

Reactions: joegr
O

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
autohop has a delay based on contract negotiations. I believe it is 1 day for ABC, 3 days for FOX and 7 days for NBC and CBS.

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
autohop has a delay based on contract negotiations. I believe it is 1 day for ABC, 3 days for FOX and 7 days for NBC and CBS.

ABC (affiiliate)- 1 day
ABC (O&O) - 3 days
NBC (affiliate) - 1 day
NBC (O&O) - 7 days
FOX - 7 days
CBS- 8 days

Last edited:
Reactions: Pakbackr, dare2be and satjay