New Customer Offer--- Encore not included.

MitchDeerfield

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2016
Florida
I got an offer to return to Dish Network today. It was pretty generous. A $300 Gift Card was included. $89.99 locked in price for two years of Top 250 including one Hopper HD DVR. I was surprised that they were no longer including Encore in the Top 250. And Starz was nowhere to be seen. Looks like they may both be gone in a few weeks for everyone.

Old news. They just dropped Starz and Encore from the free promo a couple of weeks ago so there might be a negotiation on the horizon in a few months, but not weeks.

So are you coming back to DISH or are you just trolling again?

HBO I didn't care about. Showtime I have now, but rarely watch. I do like Starz and Encore to be honest. When Encore was in the Top 250, you could watch ALL Starz content VOD for free, that was the one little secret perk they gave you.

HBO I didn't care about. Showtime I have now, but rarely watch. I do like Starz and Encore to be honest. When Encore was in the Top 250, you could watch ALL Starz content VOD for free, that was the one little secret perk they gave you.

Hopefully this is just because of an upcoming negotiation and won't result in an outage. A similar thing happened with Epix a few months ago. The channels never went away and they're back in all the packages they were in before.

If you go to dish.com, the new customer promo only includes dish movie pack and showtime free for 3 months as the free premiums. That should be a moot point if you’re getting 250.

FYI, if you wish to be a new customer for Dish, use the approval code 844-041-842 until Jan 14. You get the current offer plus $300 Gift Card.

My letter says it is for new customers and qualified returning customers. I am just trying to save people a boatload of money.

What you're trying to do is rip DISH off in your never ending anti DISH quest.

It's not for new customers and the only qualifying returning customer is the one at the address that the code is mailed to.

Please stop trolling!

What you're trying to do is rip DISH off in your never ending anti DISH quest.

It's not for new customers and the only qualifying returning customer is the one at the address that the code is mailed to.

Please stop trolling!
Can't he be banned form this forum the way people can be banned from the Pit?

Can't he be banned form this forum the way people can be banned from the Pit?

Step one: Click on a users name in his avatar box in a post he has made
Step two: Click "ignore" found to the right of the choices.
Step three: Go about your business carefree.

Step one: Click on a users name in his avatar box in a post he has made
Step two: Click "ignore" found to the right of the choices.
Step three: Go about your business carefree.
The problem with that is I can still see when they post with the option to see the post, and they can do the same to me, unless it's a new thread one of us starts. Like, I took Derwin off ignore because he was responding to my posts anyway, so what did it matter?

Reactions: JSheridan
In all seriousness though, I don’t see how they can continue to drop channels and expect not to lose customers, plus raise prices at the same time. Seems like a losing proposition to me.

Several things come into play on that. In this case no channels in the packages have been lost except the few Univision channels, to the contrary some have been added, and some have moved to lower packages in addition to the higher ones. HBO and locals have no bearing on the packages.
Overall no locals are lost, they may be gone for awhile but just about all of them come back usually with not too much time passing.

Anyone with internet access can get HBO not only for no more than on DISH but less in a couple of places. I am a prime example of having HBO forever, since it was available on DISH but I don't miss it at least yet. When a series starts that I want to see I'll get it for a month or two online. Meanwhile I am saving $10 a month with DISH not having HBO. (I am getting Starz for $5 will drop that if I can not get it for $5 again)

Then add in the existing customer promotions along with the associated price freeze that has saved me alot for two years and now another two years and the grandfathered DVR fee.
I did think DISH was not going to raise prices by as much as $5 this year and as the commercial goes, but here we are.

They above code does not work.

In fact the Top 250 for $89 is Reg Price right now for all new Sub or those returning after being gone for a while.
Now the $300 Visa , that is worth $12.50 off each month which is form $300 Visa divided by 24, now that is some what of a good deal if you get it.

This does not seem like a good deal as many of the movie channels are missing from the package now due to the disputes (fine print says there not included).
My Cable is offering ALL 4 movie channels (HBO, Show, Cinimax, Starz for tjust $10 more to return now) . ALL OF THEM.

anyone getting better offers to return?

Like maybe $300 visa and a Free Hopper 3 for 24 months . 24x $10= $240 plus the $300 vis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)