New customer questions wireless Joey...

Marti9901

Original poster
May 14, 2014
Houston
I have a couple of questions before making my switch from directv. Can anyone tell me how much a wireless Joey cost for new customers? Also I plan to have 1 hopper 1 super Joey and 1 wireless Joey, with PTA enabled how many other shows will I be able to record while still maintaining live tv on current tv? Thanks.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

For new customers, wireless Joey is free if requested, but you will need to by a $50 (?) WAP. With PTAT enabled, you have for additional tuners available for watching or recording, 5 with the OTA dongle for Hopper.

Make sure you are requesting the Wireless Joey like KAB said. Dish will only let you do a Wireless Joey if you request it and you will have to purchase the Wireless Access Point for $50 like he said. As for the Wireless Joey itself and the other Joey and Hopper, you will be leasing those.

I use one of my Joey's wireless via the dish wireless adapter. I move it either to a bedroom that is wired or to the basement using the wireless adapter. I do not have the wireless access point that is mentioned above.

So the joey that you have is it a wireless joey or can you connect any joey with that wireless adapter? Where do I get a dish wireless adapter. Just to be clear the dish wireless adapter is different from the WAP correct?

So the joey that you have is it a wireless joey or can you connect any joey with that wireless adapter? Where do I get a dish wireless adapter. Just to be clear the dish wireless adapter is different from the WAP correct?
You can use a conventional Joey and the Dish USB wireless adapter to create a fully functional, but not supported by Dish wireless solution.

See http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3376338/ for some details.

If I wanted wireless now and didn't already have the equipment, I would spend the extra $25 or so and get the official Dish solution.

It is a regular Joey you need to already have wifi set up and you plug in the Dish Wireless adapter into the USB on the Joey. It will then find your wireless network for you to log into and your done! Here is a link for the adapter on Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B004Z0RBXK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts