New Customer Waiting for Install guy to show up.

Update! I just got a call from DISH, I'm pretty surprised, he said "the tech is running a tad late" to which I replied "well yeah 4 and a half hours Late"

he was just calling to make sure I didnt have anything I "wanted to do or loose ends to tye up" this afternoon and wanted to let me know they would have the next installer available at my house this evening.

I said thanks goodbye.

Whats with all the BEEP BEEP nextel stuff going on in the backround?

I gotta laugh at these guys.... it's no where near professional, lets just hope the tv is better than cable I guess

if it's a dvr you want, go with directv. same prices, same channels, but you get a kickass dual tuner dvr with tivo software. The company you actually have a problem with is the local company they contracted to do the install. i had a similar problem when i signed up for dish. The installer called me after he was already late asking how to get to my apartment. Has this guy not heard of mapquest? I guess the guy didn;t also notice the part of my order that specifically mentioned that i live in ana apartment and if there would be any difficulties to please let me know. oh did i mention that i called in this order a month in advance so they would have time to figure all this out? anyway that day he said "oh, you live in an apartment, i can't install a superdish there". fine, i'll give you that. can he install a dish 500? "well, i don't have one right now. i can get one in a couple days. but since you live in an apartment i will have to use flat cables, and i refuse to use them so i refuse to install your service. i will just be out there in a month to replace your flat cables because you will not be satisfied with the signal." i argued with him that i wanted it done anyway and he refused. this was all over the phone. the guy NEVER actually came to check out the situation just a blanket denial over the phone. I called dish network and cancelled right there. i called directv and they had an installer out the next day. He had no problem installing the dish, i have a much better dvr than dish offers, and 4 months later, my flat cables have not given me even a lick of trouble.

it's a shame Dish Network doesn't realize that their installers are representative of the entire company to new customers. I've made it a point to never subscribe to dish network. If i ever have to make the choice of dish network or cable, i'll choose cable.

If he does just drop off the equipment make sure he doesn't make you sign a form saying install was done. If you do he just got paid for being late and dropping of the equipment that you would install.

Ok, well I got a call from some kind of dish dispatch center. Claiming he will be here in 40 minutes. Luckily I have today off anyway, anyway, This is a bit dissapointing, but Im going to give the guy the benifit of the doubt. After I meet him and figure out what kind of installer he is (even though we all know what kind he is) then I will report back with my first day as a dish customer report! LOL the guy thinks he's going to get from NY to my house in 40 mins, just wait till he hits that traffic going north on 95
:)

45 mins later. :) No truck
LOL
I wonder how late they will work? I wont be surprised if this guy is here till 10pm tonight!

I know of many cases where I made Dish Network give the customer something for the trouble but many times they wouldnt, no go, too bad, just an apology. Just depends on who you talk to. Sometimes it takes as far as cancelling before they offer something, if they even do it then.

If you got it from a retailer and not directly from Dish Network then you have to expect them to make up for it, which may be hard to do, unless you tell them that you are going to cancell your install and go somewhere else, then they might give you something for the trouble.

Don't feel bad, when I had my 522 installed, the guy came(late). When he got here, the office called and told him to come back to the office because he didn't have my 522.

It fell out of the back of his truck and was SMASHED by a SEMI.

The nest time I went to town, I stopped in to see the remains. Not a pretty site. :eek:

J3ff said:
Ok guys, I ordered E* or *E i forget witch way it goes. well, its thursday Ive been waiting a week to get this Crap installed and guess what. My definition of 8-12 am MUST BE DIFFERENT than the installers definition.

So don't keep us in suspense. Did he ever show? Is your install completed?

Whatever the case, you might be getting pissed at the wrong person. As an installer, there is waaaay more to the picture than what you see. When I worked for Ironwood Communications (Directv contractor), it was normal for them to load me up with 7 or 8 jobs a day KNOWING that I could only actually do 4 or 5 at the most. It's all a numbers game. I simply couldn't get to all the appointments. Almost every day, someone would call saying, "I took a day off of work to wait for you, get here now DAMMIT!"

It wasn't my fault. So after awhile, I just had to get to a point where I didn't care and didn't call customers. It's pretty sad, but that's the kind of situation these Retailers create for their installers. But I had to protect myself from being beat up daily by screaming, ranting, fit-throwing customers.

The other common factor is creating impossible situations for you do an install. It is very common for the retailer to not give the installer all the information they need. Even simple information such as "you'll need a 24 foot ladder," or "this is an apartment building, you may not be able to install a 522."

I show up blind to almost every install. Communication to installers is EXTREMELY by both Dish and Directv.

Installers take a lot of abuse in this business. We have to listen to hateful, demanding customers who haven't got a clue how difficult is to install some of these products, not to mention the logistics, bad management, equipment shortages, and other obstacles that get in the way just trying to get to their house. And no matter what, the installer takes the brunt of the blame.

But at least you got some free movie channels out of the deal.