New customer, want 2x HD DVR -- what is cost?

MyDogHasFleas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I asked Dish Online Customer Support and they said I'd have to pay $499 for the 2nd HD DVR. It can't be that expensive!!!

I have 2x HDTVs, and I'd like each to have an HD DVR, so we can record/watch HD on both sets. So I'd really like 2x ViP722. The first one is free with an 18-month commitment. How much really is the 2nd one?

Isn't there a lease fee I could pay that's a lot less than this?

I'm currently on TWC -- they will give me as many HD DVRs as I need with zero up-front charge. Dish is lagging in this respect.

DirecTV is worse (I checked). They make you pay upfront costs even for the first HD DVR.

I asked Dish Online Customer Support and they said I'd have to pay $499 for the 2nd HD DVR. It can't be that expensive!!!

I have 2x HDTVs, and I'd like each to have an HD DVR, so we can record/watch HD on both sets. So I'd really like 2x ViP722. The first one is free with an 18-month commitment. How much really is the 2nd one?

Isn't there a lease fee I could pay that's a lot less than this?

I'm currently on TWC -- they will give me as many HD DVRs as I need with zero up-front charge. Dish is lagging in this respect.

DirecTV is worse (I checked). They make you pay upfront costs even for the first HD DVR.
Only 1 lease at a time (12 months). You want two, you buy the second.

Only 1 lease at a time (12 months). You want two, you buy the second.

OK -- so what if I just want an HD receiver (a ViP211) to drive my second HD TV? That's got to be free right? Otherwise how would I get HD on my HD TV? TV2 Out off the 622/722 is SD only.

The only way is through the dish CEO email if they screwed you somehow by offering somthing they could not give you.. . I was promised 2 622's, a 211 , and told all I needed was a USB drive to add storage ( he failed to mention the small fee.)

I emailed them, they apparently reviewed the case & I got a call the next day saying it's fixed & credited me $40 to cover the external HDD charge. So now I have 2 622's, a 211, and external storage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts