New diesel Jetta available NOW!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Silver. No sun roof. Jetta TDI turned down by the person who ordered it. If you are in/near Fairfax, VA and are interested, call Fairfax VW 703 273-6700. This will sell quickly, as the wait is months long. Probably will go this weekend.

Not meant as an ad for a company, but a service to a SatGuy who might be wanting to buy a diesel Jetta.

I learned of this when I picked up my black Jetta today.

The automatic I have is EPA rated 29/40. The EPA admits their method for determining mpg, for diesels in particular, is way off. VW paid AMCI to independently come up with mpg figures, and they say 38/44. There are posts of people getting 50 or so. Since these things have barely hit the road, I'd say we've got a ways to go before we have reliable multi-tank mpg figures. Considering the fuel tank is 14.5 gallons, you could go 600 miles between refuelings. The dealer asked me to report my actual mpg back to them.

These will be in short supply until the US factory opens in 2010.

Yes, diesel is now more expensive than gasoline. Odd, that, since diesel is actually cheaper to refine. High demand for diesel, kerosene and home heating oil- all very similar products. Diesel prices are a lot less at Interstate truck stops than in urban centers. Diesels are about 30% more fuel efficient than gassers. Half that is because diesel has more energy (BTUs), half due to the inherent greater efficiency of a compression ignition system over a spark ignition system.

When you consider fuel efficiency, less maintenance (but what maintenance there is may be more expensive), and the longer lifetime of diesel vehicles (hence, higher resale value), I believe you come out ahead. The price difference for the diesel over the gasser version is officially around $2,000. Of course, some dealers, including the one I bought from, are jacking up the- er, uh, I mean, adding a market adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)