Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
Anyone see the new print ads for *D?

It has the HD counts

Cable - 56

Dish - 81

Direct - 95

Next to DISH it reads "NOT REALLY THEY COUNT 24 PART TIME STATIONS"

Thats funny and for the most part... its TRUE.

Dish should not be counting the HD RSN's in their count. These are not even part time RSN's if there were then all of your home teams HD games would be shown not just select games like they have now.

I like this new ad. Remember what happened the last time they did an advertising campaign like this, we lost Voom, but got all the others HD channels. Only thing that I wonder is what will be lost this time if new channels are released?

I like this new ad. Remember what happened the last time they did an advertising campaign like this, we lost Voom, but got all the others HD channels. Only thing that I wonder is what will be lost this time if new channels are released?

i don't think that will be the case this time. they'll add without subtracting. on rsn's IMHO i don't think either providers should count those as national hd's but then again that's just me.

here it is on Directvs Website, if anyone wants to see it
DIRECTV: All About HD - Compare competition

Also Directv is really coming after Dish, Directv set the bar at 150 HD channels, Dish responded with 100...now its time to just keep pounding on the HD for DIrectv to win that battle.

and by the way Directv counts RSN as HD channels in their count, even though I THINK theres are full time HD stations, could be wrong there.

Well it's all BS really. If they truly counted HD channels what would the numbers be? I think that they are both wrong for counting anything that is less than 75% HD (or at least 50%). And THIS should have been Dish's marketing campaign back when they had VOOM.

Direct is getting their "Full-Time HD" tag on DISH from the Where is HD ? site which Ironically, if I put in my ZIP code, returns 95 HD stations for D* of which 8 are National Network channels (which I will bet I don't qualify for) and of the remaining 87 channels, at least 40% are less than 50% HD content.

More interestingly, the D* page on this site gives me 5 local channels in HD but the DISH page gives me none, even though I get the 4 major networks in HD. (I get 67 HD channels according to them including 2 CBS National channels I don't qualify for).

Also, D* is counting the Regionals just like E* (DISH).

A pax on both their houses this latest ad will come back to hurt Direct Tv (hint watch for the new cable ads taken out the bogus claims of HD Channels by satellite companys)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)