New direct tv customer signal question?

bbates19

Original poster
Aug 16, 2019
Kentucky
hi guys i today ordered new service from direct tv and I got the genie 2 and the wireless receivers. Install is set for Monday . I live in a hilly area and took this pic to see if this is the satellites I need for my service or am I not going be able get the signal. Also anyone have any pro or cons with the genie wireless? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 977E5771-6B9C-4AF0-91FE-B161F9C168F0.jpeg
    977E5771-6B9C-4AF0-91FE-B161F9C168F0.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 224
:welcome to Satelliteguys bbates19!
You have a great view of the satellites! No worries there. Wired is always better than wireless, but you will probably be happy with the wireless version.

Reactions: bbates19
:welcome to Satelliteguys bbates19!
You have a great view of the satellites! No worries there. Wired is always better than wireless, but you will probably be happy with the wireless version.
I hope I enjoy it lol. I was just trying to stay away from all the drilling in my new house. I’ve watched few videos and I’m hopeful it works halfway decent but also kinda wishing I didn’t go for the wireless. I’m sure their is some set backs . I was hoping I had decent signal, I got an app on apple store it’s not 100% but I guess it’s a good start, does direct use anything over the 110 satellite or is it mainly lower like 99. I apologize ahead for sounding crazy lol but I’m new to this stuff.

I hope I enjoy it lol. I was just trying to stay away from all the drilling in my new house. I’ve watched few videos and I’m hopeful it works halfway decent but also kinda wishing I didn’t go for the wireless. I’m sure their is some set backs . I was hoping I had decent signal, I got an app on apple store it’s not 100% but I guess it’s a good start, does direct use anything over the 110 satellite or is it mainly lower like 99. I apologize ahead for sounding crazy lol but I’m new to this stuff.

If you ever wanted to integrate OTA into your Directv system, the Genie 2 doesn't currently do that.

The only satellites you need to worry about are 99, 101, and 103. The international and Spanish programming is on the 95 and 119 respectively, but that is migrating to the reverse band. PR was on 110. All that means to you is that everything on Directv is available on those 3 satellites in some way.

Yeah ...

The 99, 101, and 103 satellite slots are all that are necessary nowadays ...

95 and 119 are on the way out with all their programming already mirrored to 99 (on the Reverse Band or "99(cr)"). And 110 appears totally shutdown now, even in Puerto Rico which now uses 101 like everyone else.

And just remember if you ever want 4K programming that can't be done wirelessly (at least yet).

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Yeah ...

The 99, 101, and 103 satellite slots are all that are necessary nowadays ...

95 and 119 are on the way out with all their programming already mirrored to 99 (on the Reverse Band or "99(cr)"). And 110 appears totally shutdown now, even in Puerto Rico which now uses 101 like everyone else.

And just remember if you ever want 4K programming that can't be done wirelessly (at least yet).

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
‍♂️I never thought about the 4K! I shoulda done a lil more home work before jumping the gun, I was mainly trying get out of a milllion holes drilled through floor. I used to have both back prob 10 years ago and was awfullest mess of coax ever they ran for dvr etc and wanted away from
That this round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)