New Dish 1000???

xavier11

Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Does anyone know if Dish has come out with new Dish 1000's? I am an installer and needed a Dish 1000+ for an install and got sent a Dish that i have never seen before. It says Dish 1000 on the reflector and has a LNB on the end that looks just like the DirecTv ones that are used for 3 orbital locations. On the LNB if says DP Plus and has 3 outputs and 1 input. I have look on this website and cant find anything about it and also looked at a bunch of the sponsers that sell Dish equipment and didnt see it on those sites either. Bad think is that they sent it already assembled and with none of the paperwork so cant find out what it is for sure so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok after doing some more looking found out it is a Dish 1000.2.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Dish has come out with new Dish 1000's? I am an installer and needed a Dish 1000+ for an install and got sent a Dish that i have never seen before. It says Dish 1000 on the reflector and has a LNB on the end that looks just like the DirecTv ones that are used for 3 orbital locations. On the LNB if says DP Plus and has 3 outputs and 1 input. I have look on this website and cant find anything about it and also looked at a bunch of the sponsers that sell Dish equipment and didnt see it on those sites either. Bad think is that they sent it already assembled and with none of the paperwork so cant find out what it is for sure so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok after doing some more looking found out it is a Dish 1000.2.

got any pictures of it that you can post?

The arm is a lot longer than a regular D1000 and the reflector is also bigger. It has output for 3 receivers and can see 4 satellite locations. Very nice if you ask me but why in the hell was the D1000 released then. Since this is a bigger dish, it could probably get better results for 129.

Let us know what kind of readings you get for 129 when you install one.

Xavier or Randall, when isnatlling a Dish 1000 do you use the skew/evalation and azimuth from the chart in the Dish1000 manual or from the "Peak Angles" onscreen in setup? They are different values.

There's like 6 or 7 types of dishes now! It'd be funny to see a poor confused installer shove a single LNB onto a 1000.2 or whatever and think they did the job right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)