New Dish 5000 Receiver S/W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
During the last few days my software on both receivers got upgraded from 7.73 to 8.15. An interesting related [?] change was that the "DISH500 Card Ready" line above the s/w line on both receivers is now in green color.

Does anyone know the significance of the color change?

Ever since my 5000 took the new sw update, I have had to reboot the receiver everyday. I love how new updates play havock with this receiver. I could set the receiver to not download new updates, but eventually you have to take one. Has anyone else had the same problem?

tom_g said:
Ever since my 5000 took the new sw update, I have had to reboot the receiver everyday. I love how new updates play havock with this receiver. I could set the receiver to not download new updates, but eventually you have to take one. Has anyone else had the same problem?
I replaced the blue cards on my 6000 and 501 3 days ago. Every day since I replaced the cards I've had to reboot both receivers. My 508 that came with the yellow card has no problem, the 501 and 508 have the same software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)