New DISH Anywhere App Integrates Hopper Transfers for Android, iPad and iPhone; Coming to Kindle Fir

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
New DISH Anywhere App Integrates Hopper Transfers for Android, iPad and iPhone; Coming to Kindle Fire

Release Date:Monday, January 6, 2014 6:00 am MST

Dateline City: ENGLEWOOD, Colo.

Now with integrated Hopper Transfers capability, the total ‘TV anywhere’ solution for viewing live, recorded and video-on-demand content
Transfers capability gives users the ability to watch transferred content even when no Internet connection is available
DISH Anywhere coming to Kindle Fire in 2014

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Responding to growing consumer demand to watch favorite content on their mobile devices, DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), has upgraded its DISH Anywhere™ app to integrate the Hopper TransfersTM feature to both iOS and Android phones and tablets. The new DISH Anywhere app gives Hopper® with Sling® users the ability to view recorded content where no Internet connection is available. This enhancement is a free update for DISH Anywhere users.

“Subscribers want an easier way to utilize the Hopper with Sling’s remote viewing capabilities, and today we launch the pay-TV industry’s only all-in-one app,” said Vivek Khemka, senior vice president, product management at DISH. “Now, Hopper with Sling users can choose to watch all their live and recorded shows remotely and transfer recorded programs to their iOS and Android devices, all within the new DISH Anywhere app.”

Today, DISH also announced that the integrated DISH Anywhere app will launch on Kindle Fire tablets in the coming months.

The update combines two apps DISH released last year: DISH Anywhere and Hopper TransfersTM. DISH Anywhere gives users the ability to remotely view live TV programs or recorded events when connected to the Internet. It is available on most Internet-connected devices including iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets.

The Hopper Transfers feature, now incorporated into DISH Anywhere, gives users the ability to move recorded programs from a Hopper with Sling to mobile devices for watching programs when an Internet connection is unavailable.

Great news for us who also have kindle fire!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Don't know why it took them so long to get on the Fire... hell I even have the SatelliteGuys app in the Amazon App store. :D

Don't know why it took them so long to get on the Fire... hell I even have the SatelliteGuys app in the Amazon App store. :D

On this snowmegedon day here in MI looking forward to seeing the press conference later today and feedback to follow

I wish they added Roku/Apple TV as well. Why not save themselves time and resources and make the Hopper a DLNA server? That way any DLNA client (almost all smart tvs, tablets, consoles) could be virtual joeys. Sigh, so much potential...

I wish they added Roku/Apple TV as well. Why not save themselves time and resources and make the Hopper a DLNA server? That way any DLNA client (almost all smart tvs, tablets, consoles) could be virtual joeys. Sigh, so much potential...

Who's to say they are not planning on doing that already. This is probably just the beginning, it may be more work than we think to do what you're asking. Patience.

They need to make the new Dish Anywhere app compatible with iOS 5.1.1.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

They need to make the new Dish Anywhere app compatible with iOS 5.1.1. Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

"To Dream,
The Impossible Dream..."

Heck, I'm off key even when typing.

I suspect DRM issues.

Who's to say they are not planning on doing that already. This is probably just the beginning, it may be more work than we think to do what you're asking. Patience.

Not that much work, there are a lot of free/open source DLNA servers for Linux around (Mediatomb/Fuppes/Minidlna). Hopper is still linux, so would just be plugging the Hopper streams to the DLNA server, sure they could have a beta in a few weeks. Maybe navychop is right about it being all DRM problems. Ah but is good to dream... a Hopper App Store...

Not that much work, there are a lot of free/open source DLNA servers for Linux around (Mediatomb/Fuppes/Minidlna). Hopper is still linux, so would just be plugging the Hopper streams to the DLNA server, sure they could have a beta in a few weeks. Maybe navychop is right about it being all DRM problems. Ah but is good to dream... a Hopper App Store...

I'm sure it's easy technical wise but I was thinking more along the lines of what Navychop said. There are contract and legal reasons I suspect.

"... a Hopper App Store..."

Dare we speak of that which shall not be mentioned?

Yes! Maybe with a Netflix,Youtube app and more? Be nice to have it all on one device. Pipe dream???

For YouTube videos I download using XBMC on the PC, then re-encode "universal" using handbrake and save it on server and view it on the hopper/joey. Many steps but it works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)