New Dish coming out??

ccarbo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Hi, Dish Network called us last week saying something like they need to setup a date to come change out Dish out with a new one? Something about moving channels. We has Wausau, WI locals and a SuperDish. Anyone know anything about locals changing to new satellite where the SuperDish won't work? I don't think I need one because locals are on 121 and 110/119, just that on a Dish 500 they would be not remapped in the 7200 range. Anyone know of something going on with this?

DISH is moving/consolidating their local channels and 121 is a leased satellite so they need to replace your superdish with a new dish that will allow you to still receive the channels you are subscribing to when they stop broadcasting on the satellite you are currently getting the channels from.

Do you know what satellite they are moving them too?? Also what Dish is it? they never said anything.... Will the SuperDish still work after this move? thanks for the info

Last edited:
DISH is moving/consolidating their local channels and 121 is a leased satellite so they need to replace your superdish with a new dish that will allow you to still receive the channels you are subscribing to when they stop broadcasting on the satellite you are currently getting the channels from.

For clarification the E-9 satellite at 121 W is owned by Dish.

I got the call last night as my locals are on 129 and 121. I told the nice lady that I already have a 1000 and don't need the upgrade. Took me forever to talk her into not doing it. I had to go to channel 9901 to prove it.

I got the call last night as my locals are on 129 and 121. I told the nice lady that I already have a 1000 and don't need the upgrade. Took me forever to talk her into not doing it. I had to go to channel 9901 to prove it.

Wausau locals are also over on 129 now. I'm sure the OP will be getting a 1000.2

I think they don't remove and replace you Dish they just swap out the 121 LNB and add the one for 118.7 right?

I like having the bigger superdish less rain fade for me

Yeh but won't the wausua locals still be in the 7210-7215 range on like 110 or 119 ??

Nice, are they trying to get people with 148 dishes to switch too? I don't get calls because our phone number changed a few months ago :]

Set up my appointment.....

Also received a letter stating Dish would give 6 months of free HD to anyone who makes the switch.....

1st available install up in Northern Wi is Dec 3rd :mad:

Must be a bunch of people switching up here for the Big Ten Network?

Yeh our appt is setup for Dec 5th. What dish will the new one be ??

Set up my appointment.....

Also received a letter stating Dish would give 6 months of free HD to anyone who makes the switch.....

1st available install up in Northern Wi is Dec 3rd :mad:

Must be a bunch of people switching up here for the Big Ten Network?

Digi, are the remapped locals the same just remapped to channels under 100 ?? So they will be moving from 121 to 129? I thought someone said 118.7. DO you know when the switch is taking place?? thanks!

Digi, are the remapped locals the same just remapped to channels under 100 ?? So they will be moving from 121 to 129? I thought someone said 118.7. DO you know when the switch is taking place?? thanks!

They are already on 129. It's the same on both birds, no difference. If someone switched you over when you were gone you wouldn't know it.

You will be getting a 121 Superdish repoint kit. It will repoint your Superdish to receive 110, 119, and 129. The system will tie right back into the same switch you have now, either a DP-34 or DPP-44.

From info I have heard there is something like 2000 of these dishes that need to be repointed in your area. You will not be missing anything, so there sould be no rush to switch over. A nice bonus is if you decide to upgrade to HD in the future, you will already have the proper dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts