New Dish customer: Installation of Hopper killed my existing MoCa setup.

LeeGeek

Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Hi all, I just couldn't help myself. I HAD to have the Hopper. The guys came yesterday and installed everything and it works fine except it killed my existing MoCa bridge.

I had a previous MoCa bridge from my switch (router) to the home theater area, because I required wired networking but can't install structured wiring.

I've searched the boards and most other sites (dslreports) but nobody has experience with working with the HIC and existing MoCa installations.

Has anyone had the same issue and can provide some insight?

Thanks very much
Lee

Not all moca is the same. Hopper band stacking is trampling the frequencies the other bridge is using. Use a HIC instead.

I use the HIC for my own MOCA network. I decided to go straight Ethernet into my main Hopper. With bridging on I have broadband to the other Hooper and Joeys (4).

I use the HIC to extend my Ethernet network to places were I don't have CAT 5/6 cable.

Ethernet--->HIC--->RG-6 Cbl--->HIC--->Ethernet.

Wow I wasn't aware you could bridge the interfaces...Thanks for the tip. The only other thing I can think to do is separate them into two networks and cannibalize a drop in another room. I'm going to have to dust off my F type crimping tool and relearn how to crimp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)