New Dish HD channels not available to Absolute HD package

DishSux

Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Orlando, FL
Due the following changes and cancellation of Smithsonian, I have canceled my Dish Absolute package, really happy now!

1). Dish Absolute fee will go up, effectivel Feb 1, 2009
2). Any new HDs will NOT be available to Absolute package. In order to get FNCHD, etc, customer need to buy out remaining contract ($10 per month for remaining contract), then sign up for the Turbo. So from what I am paying $30 per month, I have to pay $50+$10 to get all available HDs, compare to my current package, I basically paying $30 for FNCHD, FBNHD.
3). More channels are coming, so those who might get pissed by no.2 may justify it if they add lots of Hds, no idea how many they will add.
4). For those who signed up for HD only package (before 09/2008), Dish's rationale is since you have already got a good deal before, we make you to pay dearly if you want to get more HDs from now on.
5). Compare Dish to DirectV, if HDs is what you what, Dish is still cheaper, but not that much difference. And remember, Directv is far more harsh to enforce contract and more greedy, so Directv is not a nice choice either unless you have a home (makes a contract more amenable) and enough cash.
6). Big companies are mean bastards, AT&T, Comcast are also arrogant. I am fed up with big Wall Street listed US companies, from now on, I will always prefer NOT to buy their products whenever I can. I am small, but I will act in a way that will hopefully leads to better corporate responsibility and good ethics. (Can anyone justify big cell phone termination fee when their phone cost AT&T $40 and given to you for "FREE")

Hopefully no one will attack me viciously, my hope is in good faith, and will serve this country's best interest in long term. Look how much we are suffering now. God bless!

2). Any new HDs will NOT be available to Absolute package. In order to get FNCHD, etc, customer need to buy out remaining contract ($10 per month for remaining contract), then sign up for the Turbo.
Why would you need to buy out your contract -- according to all the info that's been published the TurboHD packages should meet minimum programming required to meet most contract terms?

Due the following changes and cancellation of Smithsonian, I have canceled my Dish Absolute package, really happy now!

2). Any new HDs will NOT be available to Absolute package. In order to get FNCHD, etc, customer need to buy out remaining contract ($10 per month for remaining contract), then sign up for the Turbo. So from what I am paying $30 per month, I have to pay $50+$10 to get all available HDs, compare to my current package, I basically paying $30 for FNCHD, FBNHD.
3). More channels are coming, so those who might get pissed by no.2 may justify it if they add lots of Hds, no idea how many they will add.
4). For those who signed up for HD only package (before 09/2008), Dish's rationale is since you have already got a good deal before, we make you to pay dearly if you want to get more HDs from now on.
5). Compare Dish to DirectV, if HDs is what you what, Dish is still cheaper, but not that much difference. And remember, Directv is far more harsh to enforce contract and more greedy, so Directv is not a nice choice either unless you have a home (makes a contract more amenable) and enough cash.
6). Big companies are mean bastards, AT&T, Comcast are also arrogant. I am fed up with big Wall Street listed US companies, from now on, I will always prefer NOT to buy their products whenever I can. I am small, but I will act in a way that will hopefully leads to better corporate responsibility and good ethics. (Can anyone justify big cell phone termination fee when their phone cost AT&T $40 and given to you for "FREE")

Hopefully no one will attack me viciously, my hope is in good faith, and will serve this country's best interest in long term. Look how much we are suffering now. God bless!

1. False
2. False (Part true)
3. I dont quite follow this reason?
4. True but not the part about there rational. How many other companies offer HD only and what is the comparison proof?
5. Not sure where you are going with that one
6. Business is business. Its not about being fair its about staying in business and turning a profit.

So after canceling your chea HD Absolute package what did you switch to and for what price?

Whining is one thing. Providing false information is another.

OP, you need to spend more time learning and less time posting until you learn what most here already know.

Dissatisfied with Dish? Welcome aboard. Spread bad info like you know what you are talking about? GET OFF THE FORUM.

So you are saying a 3G phone cost ATT 40 bucs. Where the heck you get your info ? The other day your rant was with dish dropping Smithsonion. Well I hope you enjoy OTA because thats all you will get without Corparate America,oh and keep in mind most stations are owned by Big companies

So you are saying a 3G phone cost ATT 40 bucs. Where the heck you get your info ? The other day your rant was with dish dropping Smithsonion. Well I hope you enjoy OTA because thats all you will get without Corparate America,oh and keep in mind most stations are owned by Big companies

He's just here to pull people's chains. I'm sure a mod will close this thread down soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)