* WBAL - NBC - ch. 11
* WBFF - FOX - ch. 45

Confirmed Launches for 4/24/08
* Providence, RI (4 of 4)
* Burlington, VT (4 of 4)
* Greenville, SC (4 of 4)
* Knoxville, TN (4 of 4)
* Huntsville, AL (3 of 4)

Why are only 3 of Huntsville's going live?? I thought all 4 were uplinked??

i think it might be fox54 as the hold out. if i remember when i tried to get waivers before huntsville had local on Dish CH. 54 was the hold out and i never got a distant fox

Here is the list I have...

Confirmed Launches for 4/17/08

Green Bay, WI (4 of 4)
* WBAY - ABC - ch. 2
* WFRV - CBS - ch. 5
* WGBA - NBC - ch. 26
* WLUK - FOX - ch. 11

Greensboro, NC (4 of 4)
* WXLV - ABC - ch. 45
* WFMY - CBS - ch. 2
* WXII - NBC - ch. 12
* WGHP - FOX - ch. 8

Columbia, SC (4 of 4)
* WOLO - ABC - ch. 25
* WLTX - CBS - ch. 19
* WIS - NBC - ch. 10
* WACH - FOX - ch. 57

Baltimore, MD (4 of 4)
* WMAR - ABC - ch. 2
* WJZ - CBS - ch. 13
* WBAL - NBC - ch. 11
* WBFF - FOX - ch. 45

Confirmed Launches for 4/24/08
* Providence, RI (4 of 4)
* Burlington, VT (4 of 4)
* Greenville, SC (4 of 4)
* Knoxville, TN (4 of 4)
* Huntsville, AL (3 of 4)
Yea! Baltimore HD locals finally. I get them just fine by OTA though. More recording options now. Thanks E*.:D Now we just need the PBS HD feed.:(

I dont have Providence on my list until next week. So dont be disapointed if they don't show up until then.

I wish I could get WLNE here, when I was a kid I use to watch Dialing for Dollars with my grandmother. :) Ahh memories. :D

Does anyone know if I would need anything different to get my HD locals in Baltimore? I have 2 dishes on my roof pointing in different directions and currently get all the hd programing available, plus my SD Baltimore locals.
Thanks

Does anyone know if I would need anything different to get my HD locals in Baltimore? I have 2 dishes on my roof pointing in different directions and currently get all the hd programing available, plus my SD Baltimore locals.
Thanks
You are getting your HD from 61.5. You should be good to go when they are turned on.

I dont have Providence on my list until next week. So dont be disapointed if they don't show up until then.

I wish I could get WLNE here, when I was a kid I use to watch Dialing for Dollars with my grandmother. :) Ahh memories. :D

I will not be disappointed. I will be watching NESN HD any way :)

Dialing for Dollars I remember that show! My grandmother would always make sure that no is on the phone when the show started. "Its on.... stay of the phone."

Quoting "... I have 2 dishes on my roof pointing in different directions and currently get all the hd programing available, plus my ..."

Well...I 'should' be rejoicing with all the other users in the Greensboro, NC area (right STAYLOC?)

As fate might have it...I DON'T have two dishes...only one 1000.2 AND, I just took my trusty compass out in the backyard = NoJoy

All of my neighbor's "beautiful trees" block the southeastern sky...specifically in the 158 degree direction, which, according to dishpointer.com, should be the magnetic azimuth for my location.

The only place which 'might' work for a 61.5 dish would be out in my front driveway. IF the homeowners association didn't complain, my wife would break my leg.

:(

sad tim

How about "Bowling for Dollars" :D remember that one?

S~

I updated the list. Greensboro HD's have been pushed back another week. Also I removed Providence HD's.

i think it might be fox54 as the hold out. if i remember when i tried to get waivers before huntsville had local on Dish CH. 54 was the hold out and i never got a distant fox

I don't understand why it would be uplinked then?? Scott, do you know the reason for this?

Dish uplinks the channels they WANT to carry. If they can't come to terms by the launch date for the market, they go without the one channel. If it's two or more channels in the market they have problems with, they could do like the did in Cincinnati and Indianapolis and just skip the market all together and move on to another one.

See ya
Tony

Wasn't that hosted by George Allen??? I can remember watching bad movies in hopes of winning money! Never happened...:)

OK, Scott, what is the latest with our Connecticut local HDs? Last I heard, it had something to do with the "LIN" stations, or something like that... Are we looking at May or later?

I don't understand why it would be uplinked then?? Scott, do you know the reason for this?

yeah i noticed that all 4 are 'uplinked' but that doesn't mean a channel exists there. they probably put it up to reserve it's spot with the other channels for when it does go live

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)