New DISH Hopper UI screen shots.

A Couple of shots from my Canon...
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg

One thing I do not like is that you lose a half hour of guide for the info on the right. I have always liked the fact I could position my guide at 7 pm and see the entire nights prime time.
AGREE. Will add for me it is 8-11PM prime time all on one screen.

Reactions: Jim S.
AGREE. Will add for me it is 8-11PM prime time all on one screen.
IF you are saying that you want to see all of your prime time channels at one time then you can do what I do. I set in my guide a LOCALS option and then put my ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX and CW in one guide. I then move to 7:00pm and I can see all the way to 10:00pm and I can see what is recording that night during prime time. I can easily go through the guide and select the show and see if it is New or not.

Reactions: charlesrshell
IF you are saying that you want to see all of your prime time channels at one time then you can do what I do. I set in my guide a LOCALS option and then put my ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX and CW in one guide. I then move to 7:00pm and I can see all the way to 10:00pm and I can see what is recording that night during prime time. I can easily go through the guide and select the show and see if it is New or not.
His comment was towards the new guide showing less than 3 hours at a time so you can't see a channel's full prime time schedule on one screen.

Thanks for the tip. I never noticed the My Off-Air guide option before. Has it always been there?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
If you compare the 2 pictures of the guide you will see a difference. The head on shows only 7 channels, the blurry off angle shows 8. Could be large vs small fonts.

If you compare the 2 pictures of the guide you will see a difference. The head on shows only 7 channels, the blurry off angle shows 8. Could be large vs small fonts.
It's actually showing (9), not (8), and yes, it's most certainly from the small-font to large-font change. Lose the banner and gain (1) more on both settings too.

Always ? I personally can't say, but it's definitely not "brand new". It's been there for a while....
Thanks, I just leave my options set on My Channels. Don't remember seeing My Off-Air selection before. But it has been a long time since I looked at the options.

Would be nice if we could see all the shows appearing on a particular channel in different orders, alphabetical, time that it will air, popularity (What's Hot), etc. They could do this by letting you search for a particular channel and the shows airing on that channel being the search result. We used to be able to do this with a particular receiver in the past, seeing all the shows on that particular channel. The receiver is now an obsolete DVR. I believe it was the Dishplayer or 721 that could do this in the past.

Would be nice if we could see all the shows appearing on a particular channel in different orders, alphabetical, time that it will air, popularity (What's Hot), etc. They could do this by letting you search for a particular channel and the shows airing on that channel being the search result. We used to be able to do this with a particular receiver in the past, seeing all the shows on that particular channel. The receiver is now an obsolete DVR. I believe it was the Dishplayer or 721 that could do this in the past.
I miss that option from back in the day when I used Media Center for a DVR when I had cable. Select the channel number then it would display all shows on that channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts