Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish Network sent the following email out to its retailers regarding new local cities.

October 14, 2003

Dear DISH Network Retailers,

We regret to inform you that the launches of the following local cities have been delayed:

Wichita-Hutchinson, KS
Baltimore, MD
Richmond-Petersburg, VA
Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY
Boise, ID
Missoula, MT
Columbus, OH

We apologize for this inconvenience and are committed to launching these markets in November. Stay tuned for further updates.

Hey where's Hartford!?

Hartford is going to be on the Dish 500. But you are right they have been silent about it ever since.

Interesting....Missoula, Baltimore, Boise, Columbus (OH), Richmond and Albany were suposedly "turned on" to the customer tiers as of this afternoon. Looks like a beta test?

See ya
Tony

Any word as to when Richmond/Petersburg Va. will be available?
Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish Network sent the following email out to its retailers regarding new local cities.

October 14, 2003

Dear DISH Network Retailers,

We regret to inform you that the launches of the following local cities have been delayed:

Wichita-Hutchinson, KS
Baltimore, MD
Richmond-Petersburg, VA
Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY
Boise, ID
Missoula, MT
Columbus, OH

We apologize for this inconvenience and are committed to launching these markets in November. Stay tuned for further updates.

Hey where's Hartford!?

Any word on Wisconsin markets?

I've seen some indications that the Wisconsin markets (Milwaukee/Madison/Green Bay) previously announced for 105/Superdish have encountered a problem because of a Canadian satellite.

Any chance Dish will move these locals to 110 to get them off the ground? I'm not sure what space Dish has at 110, and I'd be very surprised to see them try to clear space by moving cities already at 110 to 105 (that would make for a lot of anngry people), but they could switch the markets not yet online scheduled for 110 that don't have the Canadian interference problem to 105, I suppose.

I hope this does not cause a delay for the other locals that were supposed to be launched after those by the end of the year on SuperDish and 110.

columbus ohio

does anyone know why the columbus ohio local channels have been delayed? i have been waiting for years for them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)