New Dish Network Customer

toolman90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Ohio
I wanted to know if Time Warner Cable's Digital Phone will work with the dial up modem in Dish Network's Equipment or do I need to connect it to my internet to avoid the no phone line fee.

The "no phone line" fee (aka TV2 connection fee) was dropped early last year.

Dish had a "No Phone Line" fee?? I thought it was a discount for having a phone plugged in.. :) And I wish they would bring it back.. $17.00 for my second 722 in Single mode is getting old..

Dish had a "No Phone Line" fee?? I thought it was a discount for having a phone plugged in.. :) And I wish they would bring it back.. $17.00 for my second 722 in Single mode is getting old..
Nope, it was an add on. In fact, one member recently posted his bill in another thread and was still getting the charge. I believe DIRT took care of it.

I wanted to know if Time Warner Cable's Digital Phone will work with the dial up modem in Dish Network's Equipment or do I need to connect it to my internet to avoid the no phone line fee.
You've probably seen the other posts as its fee is no more ...

but to answer the heart of the matter ... if your Cable Phone says it will work with Fax Machines, then you should be ok if you wanted to hook it up for it to call home ...

If you wanted to get CID info, again so long as Warner's adapter is sending it properly, it should show up on the receiver if it has that option (believe most of the dish receivers do have it) Some of us use it so we don't have to take our eyes off the tube just to see its someone we don't wanna speak to. :)

Has anyone successfully used a MagicJack to connect a receiver to the phone line? I'm thinking of getting the new MagicJack Plus that doesn't require a computer to be running.

Technically it was a discount for having a phone line connected to a dual tuner. People just perceived it as being charged for not having a phone line connected. As for people still getting charged for it, i was told that they will continue to be charged for it if that was the promotion they signed up for originally. They would have to contact Dish about getting rid of it.

I'm not so sure...My Jan 2009 bill has this line item charge, and my Feb 2009 bill doesn't, and it was removed automatically:

Programming Access Fee - Save $5 By ConnectingReceiver To A Phone Line / Broadband Service​

Technically it was a discount for having a phone line connected to a dual tuner. People just perceived it as being charged for not having a phone line connected. As for people still getting charged for it, i was told that they will continue to be charged for it if that was the promotion they signed up for originally. They would have to contact Dish about getting rid of it.

Thought that's what I said.. :)

You did but KAB said differently. Either way it was cheaper the old way than it is now. Almost everyone has the ability to have their receiver connected to a phone line or broadband.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)