new dish network dish

buckspaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
think have i the newest dish 1000.2? they just installed last week. was curious about the signal Strength indicator im checking now and im 61.5 transponder 11 im getting 64 its very thick overcast and fog all day. the new strength inidicator goes from 0 to 125 not sure if my signal is good or poor can anyone explain the new scale? when will the channels drop on the new scale? what's good signal number and for what satellites and transponders can i check they alligned the new dish correctly.

most receivers have a new meter that (in my mind) is crap. It maxes out at like 65 whereas the older models maxed out at 125. When you go into menu 6-1-1 it says "the meter has been modified" or something like that

My 811 doesnt have that but my dad's 301's/311 does. I've seen it keep signal at 25-30.

ah garys you are correct i do have the 1000.4 seems to function quite well and the angle i noticed much higher than directv or other dish network dishes in my area.. i live in a wooded area and definitely wont have any issues when the leaves return.. all transponders on 61.5 are in the 60's on this crappy foggy night. been reading next month the channels are moving to another satellite???

think have i the newest dish 1000.2? they just installed last week. was curious about the signal Strength indicator im checking now and im 61.5 transponder 11 im getting 64 its very thick overcast and fog all day. the new strength inidicator goes from 0 to 125 not sure if my signal is good or poor can anyone explain the new scale? when will the channels drop on the new scale? what's good signal number and for what satellites and transponders can i check they alligned the new dish correctly.

~11-14 reading on the signal bar goes from green > yellow > red

ah garys you are correct i do have the 1000.4 seems to function quite well and the angle i noticed much higher than directv or other dish network dishes in my area.. i live in a wooded area and definitely wont have any issues when the leaves return.. all transponders on 61.5 are in the 60's on this crappy foggy night. been reading next month the channels are moving to another satellite???

I hope the dish is somewhere you will be able to reach. Some have said that because it angles so high up, it may catch alot of snow.

If you can reach it to brush the snow off, you will be fine.

Correction: No channels are moving off of 61.5. You are thinking about the satellite spot at 129. That has nothing to do with you.

most receivers have a new meter that (in my mind) is crap. It maxes out at like 65 whereas the older models maxed out at 125. When you go into menu 6-1-1 it says "the meter has been modified" or something like that.
Be advised that they've changed the firmware to rescale the meter, because of the stronger 110 and upcoming 129. This is to 'encourage' techs to peak the dish better.

high angle does mean more snow and ice build up

oh yes the higher angle is a snow and ice issue already had brush off the snow cant do much regarding ice.. any products out there to take care of this issue yet i know i cant find a new cover for the new dish. also how do i get the new firmware ?? my meters still show 0 to 125...

most receivers have a new meter that (in my mind) is crap. It maxes out at like 65 whereas the older models maxed out at 125. When you go into menu 6-1-1 it says "the meter has been modified" or something like that

I get in the 70 on many transponders and on 110/2, I get an 80. I have a 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)