New Dish Network Tech with Digital Dish in Ohio

Corrosive

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
Ohio, USA
Hello everyone!

Starting in about a week I will begin my classroom based training with Digital Dish, an Authorized retailer for Dish Network in the state of Ohio. (I'm aware of some of their mucky past, lets hope things are better)

There are a few points of concern I have and I hope that I might be able to get some information from the seasoned techs here.

• Sales
    • I don't have a lot of sales experience, was never a fan of it. People usually have no interest in buying what I'm selling. How do you guys deal with this metric? Do you have any sales tips that don't resort to just trying to slam the customer with crap they don't want/need?
  • Performance/Time
    • I know that time comes with experience (or at least it should?) Do you have any tips/tricks/tools that would help get the job done faster without sacrificing the quality of my work?
  • Any Digital Dish guys here?
    • If there is anyone here who works for Digital Dish (2014-2016) currently or recently. I know the company has a bit of a checkered past from what I've read. I would love to hear from a current tech what work conditions are like today.

Here is what I've been told so far about the position.

Pay starts at $10/hr for training, after that it goes up to $12/hr and from there they have a 12 week ie: quarterly review of your metrics which in turn determines your pay.
Work is to be 50-58hrs/wk with two days off, sounds about right to me when the average day is 10 hours or more.
I get a company van and a gas card with restocking once a week.
If anyone can toss some information my way it would be much appreciated.
Thank you all for your time.

Thanks,
I was originally going to post there but I was thinking since I wasn't technically in the field yet or anything I didn't want to post somewhere I might not yet be welcome.

Thanks,
I was originally going to post there but I was thinking since I wasn't technically in the field yet or anything I didn't want to post somewhere I might not yet be welcome.

You sound like someone who will do well. Good luck! I'm not an installer or work for DISH but I'm guessing you are welcomed to post there and would recommend it.

Thank you Tampa8, I appreciate that.

I went ahead and posted over in the installers section. That was my first choice for this thread but I was a bit weary about it as I want to ensure I don't break any of the forum rules. If all goes well I'll be on this site for some time to come.

First of all, best advice I can give you is to forget about all their Bullsh!t metrics.

There is go need to loose any sleep over metrics.....

#1 they set the bar too high

#2 they make you feel like a piece of crap if your not making their so called "goal"

#3 what they fail to tell you is nobody else is meeting all the metrics or goal either.

#4 when you hit your goal, they Just raise the bar higher

5# do the best job you can do every day regardless of the metric or goal.

Thanks Claude, I'm headed in for my first day of training tomorrow.
I just hope I can get to the $15/hr mark with my metrics, they claim that is average for their techs but I'll believe it when I see it.
I'll be at $12/hr base pay after training. I'm trying to save up so I can buy a place for my Family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts