New Dish packages too expensive

techweb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2004
Medina, OH
I dumped Dish last year when they dumped Voom but put the 722 on the shelf in case I ever come back to Dish. After looking at the new Dish package pricing it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon. I'm currently paying cable about $65 a month for all SD and HD channels (except premium movie channels) and HD DVR rental. The closest approximate Dish cost that would give me all the HD channels I want would be a whopping $30 a month more. This would include: Classic Gold 200 ($58), GoldHD ($10), PlatinumHD ($10), locals ($5), DVR fee ($6), and DHPP ($6). Looks like it's time to sell the 722 and remove the dish from my house.

Lucky you that you have an affordable cable provider. If I wanted to get Comcast with 1 DVR, 1 standalone HD receiver, the basic package (channels 2-89), all the HD channels, and basic cable internet, it would cost me $169.99 per month. So screw that.

Well, for around $90, I could get all the non premium SD and HD my cable company offered. Unfortunately, "all" their national HD amounts to like 12 channels. No thanks.

I'm looking at $125/month ($140 after 6 months) for cable/phone/internet from Cox in OKC. That compares to $190/month combined for Dish/att phone/att DSL. Up to now it wasn't worth it, cuz Cox didn't have enough HD, but that's not the case any more. Got a Cox install scheduled for Friday.

TWC would cost me $100.80 PLUS tax to get all the non-premium HD channels with 2 HD-DVRs while Dish costs $63.68 INCLUDING tax and Cinemax. Even if I switched to TurboHD Gold + Platinum, I would only be paying $83 PLUS tax. And for that, I would get a Premium Movie channel, a much better DVR, and many more HD channels. Perhaps if cable were really $65, I would consider switching, but it just doesn't make sense for me right now.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)