New Dish Promotion for new customers sucks for us oldies

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I just got some cards in the mail from dish to hand out to friends. If they sign up for dish hd they can have the dish bronze for 29.95 plus 5 for locals.
I have to pay 49.99
and get 50 bucks credit. It would be a much better deal if the salesman would get the package at 20 bucks off too, but noooo says the dish csr.
I've been with dish from 1997 and can;t get a deal. Blah.

I just got some cards in the mail from dish to hand out to friends. If they sign up for dish hd they can have the dish bronze for 29.95 plus 5 for locals.
I have to pay 49.99
and get 50 bucks credit. It would be a much better deal if the salesman would get the package at 20 bucks off too, but noooo says the dish csr.
I've been with dish from 1997 and can;t get a deal. Blah.

That's an on going complaint from alot of us !

Dish is happy to Nickle & Dime us, but for them to give us something alittle extra as a form of appreciation.............NADA !! Oh....wait, I take that back..........sometimes if your lucky,you might get a Certificate for a FREE "Pay Per View" Movie !!:eek:

That's an on going complaint from alot of us !

Dish is happy to Nickle & Dime us, but for them to give us something alittle extra as a form of appreciation.............NADA !! Oh....wait, I take that back..........sometimes if your lucky,you might get a Certificate for a FREE "Pay Per View" Movie !!:eek:
And if you sign up for paperless billing you don't even get the Certificates any more. <rolls eyes> :(

I've got some bad news for Dish....

These constant mailings trying to get me to sell their services to friends and neighbors completely turns me off. As the OP points out they simply rub salt in the wounds of this current subscriber.

If I hear that someone is thinking about satellite TV, I make absolutely sure that they understand that Dish does NOT currently provide any HD locals (or HD distant networks) in our area. And that there is no word from Dish as to when they might actually get around to providing these HD locals that were scheduled by the end of 2006. Of course I also tell them that DirectV DOES provide HD locals NOW. And then I suggest that they really look at the difference in HD channel coverage based on what they will actually use, not HD channel counts.

OBTW I would still do this if Dish offered me FREE Bronze for a year.
My credibility with my friends and neighbors is not for sale.

Talon Dancer

Well if you are really upset you can leave and after a year or so come back as a returning customer and get most of the new customer benefits. Of course you might find another service that you like.

Yeah, but E* gave existing subs some decent offers in 2006. I upgraded my 942 to a 622 for free - $199 for 622 minus $100 to return leased 942 minus $100 in the form of 10 months of $10/month programming credits.

And I had my Dish LNBs all upgraded too.

Hard to complain about a free upgrade.

These constant mailings trying to get me to sell their services to friends and neighbors completely turns me off. As the OP points out they simply rub salt in the wounds of this current subscriber.

If I hear that someone is thinking about satellite TV, I make absolutely sure that they understand that Dish does NOT currently provide any HD locals (or HD distant networks) in our area. And that there is no word from Dish as to when they might actually get around to providing these HD locals that were scheduled by the end of 2006. Of course I also tell them that DirectV DOES provide HD locals NOW. And then I suggest that they really look at the difference in HD channel coverage based on what they will actually use, not HD channel counts.

OBTW I would still do this if Dish offered me FREE Bronze for a year.
My credibility with my friends and neighbors is not for sale.

Talon Dancer

sounds like you need to switch to direct

Yeah, but E* gave existing subs some decent offers in 2006. I upgraded my 942 to a 622 for free - $199 for 622 minus $100 to return leased 942 minus $100 in the form of 10 months of $10/month programming credits.

And I had my Dish LNBs all upgraded too.

Hard to complain about a free upgrade.

But for those that take a day off work (lost of $$$) waiting for the install,that only to find out latter that the install has been "Delayed" or Reshceduled...they haven't gained a thing? :(

sounds like you need to switch to direct
I would have already switched to D* if I wasn't a new E* subscriber with over a year left on my contract :(

Bottom line: If Dish does not have the Austin HD locals via satellite when my contract expires, I'm gone.

Talon Dancer

One would think that Dish would try and do something for existing subs that just lost their HD nets. Not only have they lost DNS but also the better picture that went with it. And the perfect way to offset that would be a customer credit on any of the HD packages. Dish needs to be concerned about customer loyalty especially after removing a popular programming package.

One would think that Dish would try and do something for existing subs that just lost their HD nets. Not only have they lost DNS but also the better picture that went with it. And the perfect way to offset that would be a customer credit on any of the HD packages. Dish needs to be concerned about customer loyalty especially after removing a popular programming package.

I'm not following you, Dish was not doing any HD Distants, with the lone exception being CBS-HD.

I am sure they are loosing people quicker than gaining them.And I agree they should have provided more damage contrl when the distants were turned off.I know of at least 5 people leaving, but its a huge country and I don't think they will feel it that much.

Do we all forget that there was some kind of special when you signed up. The new deals may seam better, but you have to remember that as tech ages it gets cheaper. So maybe when you signed up you got a deal you just don't remember what it was.

Well wouldn't you agree then that many were recieving HD LiL's which were also affected when the big switch was turned off ?

I wouldn't. DNS were just SD feeds; the only people who lost HD were people who subscribed to CBS East or West HD. A pretty small number, I would guess.

But for those that take a day off work (lost of $$$) waiting for the install,that only to find out latter that the install has been "Delayed" or Reshceduled...they haven't gained a thing? :(

Yeah, but not taking sides with either Direct or E*, but you will find this is true with both companies, including getting cable hooked up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)