Wcbs Hd

The CBS-HD you were getting on the 921 and 811 was taken away when the distant locals were order down. You may be in the NY dma, but you need to have ViP receiver to continue to get it. I have a 921 and a 622, I lost that channel number on both receivers, I still have the 63xx ones on my 622.

Are you in New York City's market ?? If not, you don't qualify for WCBS-HD anymore.

I get it on my 622. Its on 6301. I am in the NY market. It either moved on the guide or its on another satellite. But its no longer listed with all of the other HD channels on those two DVR's. I scanned the guide but I can't find it. The only local high definition channel the 921 and 811 received was WCBS. They never received WABC, WNBC or WNYW. Now it looks that was dropped as well.

Last edited:
I get it on my 622. Its on 6301. I am in the NY market. It either moved on the guide or its on another satellite. But its no longer listed with all of the other HD channels on those two DVR's. I scanned the guide but I can't find it. The only local high definition channel the 921 and 811 received was WCBS. They never received WABC, WNBC or WNYW. Now it looks that was dropped as well.

Where in central Jersey, I'm in Central Jersey and I get 6300abc,6301cbs,6302nbc,6303fox. These's are our local HD channels, if you are in the NY DMA I'd call dish and start bitch'in.

Where in central Jersey, I'm in Central Jersey and I get 6300abc,6301cbs,6302nbc,6303fox. These's are our local HD channels, if you are in the NY DMA I'd call dish and start bitch'in.

I get these channels also but only on the 622. I only received WCBS on the 821 and 911 up until recently. WCBS must now only be transmitted in MPEG4 which the 911 and 821 don't receive.

Ray
The CBS HD MPEG2 feed (channel 94XX) was pulled from pretty much all customers (technically it was pulled from everyone but there may be someone out there who still has it even though they shouldn't). The MPEG4 channel (6000 area) you will get on the 622 or 211

The 811 & 921 cannot get CBS HD on it anymore

If you cannot get the channels OTA then it is time to replace your receivers with a ViP622(DVR) or ViP211. These are the only current MPEG-4 receivers and that is what you would need to get all 4 networks now in HD if you are in fact in the NYC or Philadelphia DMA's. The channels are in the 6300 range. CBS-HD (MPEG-2) in the 9400 range is gone.

If you cannot get the channels OTA then it is time to replace your receivers with a ViP622(DVR) or ViP211. These are the only current MPEG-4 receivers and that is what you would need to get all 4 networks now in HD if you are in fact in the NYC or Philadelphia DMA's. The channels are in the 6300 range. CBS-HD (MPEG-2) in the 9400 range is gone.

Yes, I have a 622 in the living room and the 931 in the bedroom. I don't watch much television in the bedroom but have a 32" high definition television there. I can get all of the locals in high definition on the 622 in the 6300 range. I have been dragging my feet on replacing the the 921 but it usefulness is weaning. I am thinking on keeping it and pairing it with a standard definition receiver. I payed $1,000 for it. I will probably obtain an additional 622 to replace the 811.

I keep my 921 for HBO, SHO, Rave and other content... but thinking of replacing my 811 with another 622...(I used to put CBSHD west on my 921....) sniff...

I am one of the few people who apparently never had any major problems with my 921. Its the original one. I purchased it about a month after they were released from a local dealer.

Any idea what kind of deal we would get to replace the 811 with a 622. I would not mind getting a credit for it. I purchased the 811 too. When they go all MPEG 4 will they offer any deals. Is it worth waiting or will things just get worse as far as how much it will cost to get the 622?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)