New Dish Sub 4 satellite question

Scomikey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
Scooba/Northport
I have been watching and waiting forever to join Dish, and now that some things are finally clearing up, Im ready to move on it

Planning to go ahead and jump on the AEP + HD Pack + Voom,
in the next week while you can still get 6 months free of HD pack.

First question..come feb 1st when packages change, I would be changed to the "platinum" Package I assume, AEP + NEW HD Pack + Locals.
Anyone have any guess whether i would get the other 5 months, or at least 3 months free or so from the promotion? Or they are just going to blow that away.

Next, A lot of the hd pack will be on 129, But my locals are on 105 so when installed I will get a superdish 105.

I assume I will have to pay the $99 upgrade fee, for another dish at 129, or 61.5,
Does this upgrade fee include any switches and such needed, like the dp44.
If so, Its worth it..those arent cheap.

Also, when the dish 1000 came out, I rushed and bought one..and then proceeded to cancel my plans..due to of course a bad CSR experience and didnt want to deal with dish. So I wonder If i could use my dish1000, and work something out for 105 instead.

I cant have a dish 500 and dish 1000 on the side of the building though, lol.

*edit* Oh, and I wont order until I find someone who promises me a 211...But really wanted to get in before Feb 1st.

Its a horrible move of E* to offer new channels and not allow people to ORDER the new receivers for them until that day.

Last edited:
Scomikey said:
First question..come feb 1st when packages change, I would be changed to the "platinum" Package I assume, AEP + NEW HD Pack + Locals.

My last call to Dish - the answer is yes. I have the same packages.:)

Well, I think I have my answer on the the $99 upgrade for an additional dish, it should include it, but im not certain.
Who knows..I might pull a gary, and do his setup, 3 dishs (dish100 for 110,119,129 and 2 single dishes for 61.5 and 148

Can anyone tell me about the Hbo and Showtime HD West elgiability, or are you automatically eligable with subscription?

The D1000 upgrade is for 110,119,129 only. I have a 300 at 61.5 and it will stay.

The way I understand it they will also throw in a DPP44 in the deal...

If your locals are on 105 why do you need 148? If you want the core channels plus your locals then a 105 super dish will work, plus a single dish pointed at 61.5 or 129 to get HD. You have a D1000 so 129 off of it will work for HD. Sooo why do you need 148? and why do you need 61.5( do you have sky angel or internationals)?

Scomikey said:
Well, I think I have my answer on the the $99 upgrade for an additional dish, it should include it, but im not certain.
Who knows..I might pull a gary, and do his setup, 3 dishs (dish100 for 110,119,129 and 2 single dishes for 61.5 and 148

Can anyone tell me about the Hbo and Showtime HD West elgiability, or are you automatically eligable with subscription?
There is no west feeds of hbo and showtime. The feeds that come off of 148 are the same as 110 but yes you would get those automatically if you have a subscription and a dish pointing that way :)

Ah ok...gotcha...duh..what was i thinking...

and the only reason to get 148 truthfully would be to be a super hardcore dish person, lol..meaning to get the better bitrates of sho-hd and hbo-hd

I also noticed there are several PI channels mirrowed on 148 and 61.5, haha..poor channels think they are being broadcasted to 12 million viewers, not close..sorry, random laugh

seems though 4 satellites is needed for me. 5 is more of a ...ha, sure if i could i would do it kinda thing i guess.

Hmm, i might have an idea how to do this with 2 dishes.

Scomikey said:
Ah ok...gotcha...duh..what was i thinking...
and the only reason to get 148 truthfully would be to be a super hardcore dish person, lol..meaning to get the better bitrates of sho-hd and hbo-hd
I also noticed there are several PI channels mirrowed on 148 and 61.5, haha..poor channels think they are being broadcasted to 12 million viewers, not close..sorry, random laugh
seems though 4 satellites is needed for me. 5 is more of a ...ha, sure if i could i would do it kinda thing i guess.
Hmm, i might have an idea how to do this with 2 dishes.

They can point a dish 300 for you at 129 satellite location. If you are getting VOOM they are going to installed another dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts