New Dish Sub .. a few questions

Phaetos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Welcome me to the group. I am moving from Voom and have been happy so far with Dish, tho I just had it installed yesterday. Now I have a few questions: (to pre-qualify these questions, we are subscribed to the America's Evertyhing, and I do mean EVERYTHING ;-)

1) Fox Channel - not the sports or the regional, regular Fox. That is considered a local channel, right? If so, damn no HD signal for that here yet.

2) I seem to have channels in the 800 range that are red. Now most I can see why as they are Latino channels and I didn't order those. But others like LFM, Hallmark, and KWGN are there but RED and I can't see them. But I can see the other LFM and HAllmark in the 100 range. Are these channels just duplicates or am I missing something?

3) Added WB to my lineup last night for $1.50, just to see "Smallville". Is that WPIX? If yes, then why when I select it, it tells me that it lost signal and is searching for the satellite? When I go back to the guide, the station then comes in and works fine. I also have a few other channels that do that, just don't remember what they are at the moment. Any clues on that one?

Thanks for the help Dish experts.

Phaetos

A1: Right.
A2: Dups - ignore them.
A3: Maybe WPIX - there's others like KWGN, too.

As for the searching - when that happens, IMMEDIATELY go to your Point Dish screen and record the satellite, transponder, and signal strength. THEN, go to 110 TPs 11 & 12 and record strengths, repeat for 119. Report it all back here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)