New Dish Subscriber - Tips

ClemsonJeeper

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
OK, so I've previously been a D* Subscriber at my old place, but moved. After doing a bunch of reading it looks like I can really get a heck of a deal on Dish networks equipment in my new place.

How do retailers work with E*? Do they compete against eachother in what they can do for you as a new sub or is it regulated by E*?

Basically, I'm looking for the most bang for my buck. This is probably would I'd be wanting:

- DVR 942 for downstairs 50" Samsung DLP (DEFINITELY want HDTV downstairs, DVR would be nice)
- DVR for upstairs TV
- Standard receiver for basement (no DVR necessary)

I'd want the most channels you can get (standard channels + all movies) as well as HDTV channels (do you get Voom channels as new sub?)

Any recommendations as to where to go for more info/who to talk to, or what kind of deals E* has running right now?

I talked to one dealer (got a flyer in the mail) and he said they "started doing some deal with the DVR 942 for 250$" but said it was pretty new and he started tossing all these extra 5$ here, 15$ there at me for different fees, changing his mind twice and putting me on hold 3 times to ask someone else a question. This is why I am posting this up for you all to enlighten me. :)

If this is in the wrong area, forgive me.... any help appreciated!

OK, so I went to dishpro d_t com and it is basically the exact same site that the flyer I received in the mail pointed me to (4-dish d_t com). Even the HTML is the same. :)

Sorry for the above... forum wont let me post links. replace d_t with . (of course).

So what's the deal. Are you guys competing or does the 800 number on both sites go to the same round-robin batch of sales folks that I talked to (and referred to) in my above post.

I'm just looking for some definite numbers on what I'm looking to pay (and not trying to get fleeced by a sales person because I don't know what's available to me -- *NOT* that I'm saying you would try to fleece me or anything!).

welcome to the site. you will get lots of good information here.

dish store is a sponsor of this site and is a trusted retailer. you won't go wrong going through them.

I'd go with the Dish Store.

Claude been in business for close to nine years. He owns an actual physical dealership. Some of the others are fly by night. You'd take your chances. If you don't like gambling, go to the Dish Store.

How to order install with 942 and Voom 21?

I spent a year at V* Waiting for Godot (Motorola multi-room HD-DVR), and I'm not starting up E* without the 942 DVR. I can't see how to do that online. If I use the regular online order form I can select everything I want except the second dish at 61.5 and Voom. If I use the promo site they sent me in email I can get Voom, 180 channels, add HBO/SHO, but no MAX/STRZ and no DVR. How do I do it? Haven't gotten any reply from E* to the emails I sent using their online form, (the send button on the email form at the promo site doesn't work). I really prefer to have an order summary that I can print, rather than a verbal telephone conversation, so the particulars are clear. The channel rebates and discounts are not as important to me as VoOm 21, HBO/SHO and Godot.

Second question: I've got a V* dish pointed at 61.5 and Winegard OTA antenna on my roof. The V* receiver is still connected. My landlord's in Africa for a month. Are they going to insist on written permission when he obviously had no problem with a dish on the roof?

OK, I will give Dish Store a call today and see what I can work out with them... thanks!

Claude Greiner said:
Not to sound like an advertisement, but the Dishstore is running a great deal for new subscribers. Basically we are waiving the initial $49.99 activation Fee for all Satelliteguys members, plus giving you a $49.99 credit on the first bill.

Give the Dishstore a call tomorrow 1-800-807-0837 or visit http://www.dishpro.com

Claude,

Would you be able to use another source for grounding. The Dish Network guys were unable to complete my installation due to no grounding source near my patio. I just spoke to the apt. manager and she said I could use the water faucets for grounding - she initailly said she was not sure. They will not let me drive a rod through the ground or make any major alteration to the building outside of my apartment. I am contacting other retailers currently to see if they can do get around this issue another way, and hopefully be able to cancel my TWC installation scheduled for this Saturday.

Thanks.

Claude Greiner said:
Not to sound like an advertisement, but the Dishstore is running a great deal for new subscribers. Basically we are waiving the initial $49.99 activation Fee for all Satelliteguys members, plus giving you a $49.99 credit on the first bill.

Give the Dishstore a call tomorrow 1-800-807-0837 or visit http://www.dishpro.com

Sounds like a deal, but in the last 2 days, I have called that number during business hours, and no answer. (rang at least 20 times). I also sent an email that went unanswered.

-k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts