New DISH Subscriber

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WillyV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2013
Mid Atlantic
I have the DISH "smart pack" and was wondering if all "local programs" really air or might some have been eliminated. I ask this because while looking at their evening program listings, it "seems" a bit short. For example, the morning news is there, then perhaps a couple more programs, then the next thing I see is the evening news, then maybe a couple of evening shows then late night news etc. Perhaps it's just me since I seldom watch local programing but I was just curious to know if local programing happens as usual. I'd appreciate any comments.

The packages can not change the shows that are scheduled. You will not get more programming from a channel in the AT120 than you would from the same channel in the Smart Pack.

If the guide looks a bit empty and you just got set up within the last day or so with a Hopper, give it a few days to work itself out - the Hopper generally takes a few days to have the guide display properly and to download current information.

Ok. Like I said, I don't usually watch the major networks but since I'm in the mountains and haven't had TV for a long time, I didn't quite know what to expect. Thanks for the feed back and have a good evening.

Ok. Like I said, I don't usually watch the major networks but since I'm in the mountains and haven't had TV for a long time, I didn't quite know what to expect. Thanks for the feed back and have a good evening.

Without knowing specifics, "local programming" includes very little local. Generally, the only local part is the news. Most of the networks run the AM morning shows (Today, CBS morning show, etc), then syndicated stuff like Kelly Ripa and that Strahan guy, judge shows, more judge shows, and more judge shows. Then the noon news, then more judge shows, talk shows, until evening news, then network content until the 11 pm (or 10 pm) local news.

Dish doesn't modify or change any of the local programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)