new Dish Tri-plexor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

digidss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
south lyon michigan
I just Installed a new vip222k receiver and found a new device packed in the box. Its is called a Tri-plexor. This device has the band separator and a diplexor all built in 1 package. Also attached to the tri-plexor were 3 premade RG-6 cables, about 8 inch long. Good job Dish!!!! about time...

Here you go:

The DPP Triplexer (P/N 175284) combines a DISH Pro Plus Separator and a UHF/VHF diplexer into one device that connects to the receiver to support single cable installation of DISH Pro Plus satellite feeds and TV1/TV2 Home Distribution

Attachments

• TriplexerIntro-DN.pdf
    435.1 KB · Views: 1,330
So two satellites and an antenna can be sent over just ONE cable? Cool! Thats two INS and one OUT.

Could this be used to combine the TV2 output + RF antenna input for the remotes, along with an OTA antenna input?

it comes standard with 222k now. all it does is eliminate the need for the diplexer at the back of the receiver.
it is simply a diplexer combined with the seperator.

I love em.. they work great, I think the cables are too long but ohh well, This helps speed up installs for sure and I can't wait for them to be in all the other dual tuner boxes!

. . . Could this be used to combine the TV2 output + RF antenna input for the remotes, along with an OTA antenna input?
This is a note on the Extending the UHF Antenna areas in the Tech Portal: Note: If an over-the-air antenna is installed, the remote control signal cannot be combined onto the same cable as the over-the-air signal.
I had to use a separate old RG59 line that I left when I installed new RG6 cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)