New Dish User cable signal not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

momsyhanny

Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
southern california
I have a 722K coming from satellite on TV1, and 2 other rooms have receivers -those work fine. In the kitchen Im using the cable from the wall, and set the channel to same channel I setup under modulator setup for TV1, that works fine. Now I want to use another wall cable in a bedroom, and mirror the setup that I have for the kitchen, Im getting no signal. Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this situation?

Yes, the first thing to do is hook it up not using the cable in the wall. Meaning however you are gettting the signal out of the receiver, have it go into short stretch of cable and into a TV, like right next to the receiver. If that works, then the cable in the wall has a problem.

momsyhanny said:
I have a 722K coming from satellite on TV1, and 2 other rooms have receivers -those work fine. In the kitchen Im using the cable from the wall, and set the channel to same channel I setup under modulator setup for TV1, that works fine. Now I want to use another wall cable in a bedroom, and mirror the setup that I have for the kitchen, Im getting no signal. Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this situation?

If your cable to the kitchen was never set up in the first place, it will have no feed. Kinda like trying to get water out of a hose that isn't connected to a spicket. It just doesnt work.

The modulator setup is for the TV2 output (Home Distribution out). You need to find out where the cables to the bedroom and kitchen run and if they are connected. What channel is the TV in the kitchen getting it's signal on? What is your modulator setup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)