New DISHANYWHERE Player Discussion

Hey there, incomenet. I definitely understand, and I'll submit your feedback! As technology advances in the world, our services are constantly evolving as well. Much like with other electronics such as phones and tablets, older hardware systems can't handle the newer software and are rendered obsolete. To promote the best Tuned In To You experience for our customers with the best up to date equipment, we would love to go over the different equipment options to allow you to continue to enjoy Dish Anywhere. To access your account information, be sure to reach out to our Chat teams here: Direct Chat. -- Sam F
I reported that this was going to happen a few months ago. The Sling Adapter for the 622/722's had the encoding technology built into the chip of the device, and that used Flash technology which as you know has a lot of security issues and is no longer being supported (and soon all browsers will no longer support it) the technology for that device can not be upgraded, unlike other devices which have Sling technology where the technology on the device could be updated to support newer technology.

Yeah its a pain, and DISH will upgrade you to a Hopper with Sling or a Hopper 3 (I HIGHLY recommend the Hopper 3) but in the end the reasons why they are abandoning the Flash technology make 100% sense as that technology is being discontinued by everyone.

The way we use the VIP722's modulated outputs gives me a whole house dvr without extra boxes throughout the house, and extra fees. I understand the change in technology, the solution would be to replace the sling adapters with a new and improved one. I really don't want to have to have a hopper and bunch of joeys to do what I do now. The other thing would be good if they added the modulated stereo outputs to the hoppers. An extra 30% to my already overly high dish bill is not a viable solution to me, the fact is 80% of what we watch is over the air channels and we are now paying as much as we used to for dish everything, just to be able to watch a handful of programs.

The joeys give you independent viewing, which is more than the ViP mirroring, which is probably in SD anyway.

Old TDMA phones weren’t replaced with GSM for free.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

I'm trying out the new player now. How do I delete a single episode from my DVR? It used to be so simple now I don't see that option.

Folks, I am just curious. Is anyone annoyed by Dish Anywhere? I am amazed at Dish Network blatant disregard of their obligation to treat Dish Anywhere as a product, just like they do with regards to quality of their satellite service and their receivers. Here is just a few of my examples.

This week, Dish rolled out a new web interface for Dish Anywhere. There was no notification of changes or of anything, you just go to the URL and everything is different. This new roll out has significantly reduced functionality as compared to just a few days ago.
1. Clicking on support link results in "sorry, we can not find this page"
2. The Windows Dish Anywhere player is no longer used, an HTML5 player embedded in browser is now the video player. There was no attempt to de-install the Dish Anywhere player or any other message. It was just left installed but useless.
3. In previous Web application, there was a button to start live playback. Now there is nothing. You have to figure out to go to Guide and select the program you want to watch and clich watch.
4. In previous version, there was a control pad as part of the Dish Anywhere player where you could enter the number of the channel you want to watch, jump back to previous channels, etc. None of this is available now, NONE.
5. Even through you logged in with your account password, you are still not able to watch your DVR content. To play each clip (I mean every time you click on any clip), a separate window pops up and you have to enter an access code. Worst yet, when the new Dish Anywhere was rolled out, I had no 4 digit access code, I could not access my DVR content, I had to go to my receiver and change the access code with remote control, even through I did not have a code before.
6. The list of recordings I have in my DVR window is useless. All the icons look same, there is no information on recorded date, any details of the program, nothing. YOu literally have to play it to figure out what it is. This was functional before
7. Before this roll out, I was able to RESUME a recording from my DVR on my Web Dish Anywhere. This function is gone as well. Everything starts from beginning, even if you find what you are trying to view.

Well, I am tired of listing any more, this is pathetic enough. And all this in just past couple of days. There were numerous broken playback functions in Dish Anywhere in the past years that I have subscribed to Dish, complaining to support is useless because they are trained to act like they don't understand what you are saying or that the bug is actually a feature.

Support dosen't understand unless you get to advanced support, as most of the support has never seen or touched the new interface yet. And most won't they only go by the scripts they have in front of them.

One thing I have learned over the past 14 years of running this place is most DISH employees don't even have the service.

With that said a good list... and I do know the folks who are in charge of this project will / have seen your list so hopefully they can make more improvements from there. :)

Support dosen't understand unless you get to advanced support, as most of the support has never seen or touched the new interface yet. And most won't they only go by the scripts they have in front of them.

One thing I have learned over the past 14 years of running this place is most DISH employees don't even have the service.

With that said a good list... and I do know the folks who are in charge of this project will / have seen your list so hopefully they can make more improvements from there. :)
Hey Scott, let's get our math right. It's 16 years not 14! :D

chubafelix, I had no idea that the new Dish Anywhere PC interface had so many problems and missing features. I am still using Firefox, so when I tried to use Dish Anywhere, the interface came up, but I could not really use it. I assumed that the reason I saw so many problems was because I was using an unsupported browser.

Usually, when a completely new interface is released, it adds features rather than eliminates a lot of features that everyone uses.

At least you can still use Dish Anywhere. I am reluctant to install Chrome on my computer, so I have completely lost the ability to use Dish Anywhere on my PC. ...Worked one day ...unsupported the next.

I understand why they needed to update it and hopefully it will improve with future software updates, but it would have been better to hold off releasing the new interface until it was at least as functional as the previous one (for PC people).

Yes, I am annoyed by Dish Anywhere.

one BIG improvement is that I can finally use DA on my Chromebox - which means I have another way to watch on a larger screen without paying for a Joey (time to deactivate another one!). And since it works on a cheap phone with only 16 GB storage (I have several just being used as wifi devices around the house) I can uninstall the DA android app & use just Chrome to stream, seems to work as good as the app does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)