New DISHANYWHERE Player Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I still can't play anything from the DVR or Live TV using Chrome. Just get the 2009 error. What a shame. :(

I get the same error! Tried Chrome or Safari on my Mac. Never works. Guide comes up, receiver shows green, but as soon as you select WATCH, get 2009. What is this error message? Dish doesn't seem to know. Thanks. SJ

Reactions: JSheridan
I get the same error! Tried Chrome or Safari on my Mac. Never works. Guide comes up, receiver shows green, but as soon as you select WATCH, get 2009. What is this error message? Dish doesn't seem to know. Thanks. SJ

I don't know what the error means except that it's something to do with a connection error and it doesn't work. I can't believe we're the only ones. What a shame. :(

I hate Chrome...but I put it on just to use it and couldn't use it.
They need to get this working for Firefox..there simply is no reason for it not to work on one of the most popular browsers.

Alright! Glad you got it working.

I got it to work for a minute here by logging into a hot spot I set up but it still doesn't work on our DSL network.

If reports that it only works over WAN instead of LAN anymore are true, that's probably why. A lot of DSL networks have worthless upload speed.

If reports that it only works over WAN instead of LAN anymore are true, that's probably why. A lot of DSL networks have worthless upload speed.

I have a few Hoppers each connected to a different internet connection / network. One is connected to a Viasat network and the upload is fine enough but I can't actually connect to any of theme when the computer is using DSL. When the computer is connected to a hot spot it works. Something else is going on.

The last time one of us had this problem I guessed correctly that the user was accidentally attaching to his neighbor's wifi rather than his own. Can you double-check that both your Hopper and your Disanywhere device are really on the same LAN?
Yes they are. Both are hardwired.

They've announced that they're going to go to the new style on all the platforms eventually so I hope they get this mess straightened out before they start 'updating' the Android, Apple and other apps.
Horrible news. The Android/Fire TV app actually works pretty well. My go to travel setup for hotel rooms is a fire stick with the DA app, gives me roughly the same experience as being home.

I'm sick of this.
My Hopper 3 is connected via Ethernet/Mesh router and d/l speeds vary between 250 and 350 Mb/s (Which is annoying enough).
I'm on the road, in Columbus (my home away from home) in a very nice extended stay hotel. WiFi speed is very good. d/l 35, u/l 10.
EVERY App on my Firestick is smooth as butter. I'm streaming the Canelo/Kovalev fight card with no lag at all. I watched a few episodes of Entourage on Prime - no problems. YouTube - no problems. DVR'd recordings on DA and I Can't get through a single show without it pausing, spooling and then dropping the connection.

Dish's software issues are REALLY getting annoying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts