New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

Dishbuilder says nothing about lease fee's. Unless its hidden.

I am thinking that it has nothing to do with the HD package. That builder is not going to know whether or not you own your receiver or not. I called in to change mine.

I was paying 6.00 for the lease fee prior and 7.00 because it went up a dollar today. Who know?:(

Dish Builder for me for one 722 showed $29.99(dishHD) + $5(locals) +$5.98(Dvr fee) =$40.97.

Built it w/o 24 month commitment. Saw nothing about $7 enabling fee.
Hmmm... Did you do the Dish Builder after logging in?

FWIW when I go in as a new customer and select the dishHD $29.99 tab, The HD Enabling fee still shows up when I get to the "design your system" tab, as "equipment fees $12.98" and is broken out as $7 HD enabling and $5.98 DVR fee when you hover over the little ? box. .

Talon Dancer

Last edited:
Hmmm... Did you do the Dish Builder after logging in?

FWIW when I go in as a new customer and select the dishHD $29.99 tab, The HD Enabling fee still shows up when I get to the "design your system" tab, as "equipment fees $12.98" and is broken out as $7 HD enabling and $5.98 DVR fee when you hover over the little ? box. .

Talon Dancer

Like with everything dish does, I think we are going to have to wait to get our bills and see exactly what they are charging. I am sure everybody's will be a little different.

I was just told, "We have no promotions for former Dish Network customers, you will have to buy your equipment." I canceled and returned all my equipment last summer. What a rip.

1. Can anyone confirm that the .01 Cinemax deal is preserved with this package?
2. Can Sirius be added a la carte?
3. For those in Denver, is Altitude included?

Attempt Number 1

I tried to modify my package to the dishHD package but was told, "We do offer Standalone pack for $29.99, however it is for new customers who do not go for basic programming package." and that "I am sorry, Standalone pack is unavailable for existing customers." I am currently on a Dish Ultimate pack and can not have this package...

Well I will try again later today.

I just tried to change and was told that this package will not meet my 18 month commitment. What a crock...

Man these CS people are clueless. The lady was as helpful as she could be and I did finally get my full $100 rebate credit though!

I just tried to change and was told that this package will not meet my 18 month commitment. What a crock...

Man these CS people are clueless. The lady was as helpful as she could be and I did finally get my full $100 rebate credit though!

Ok, I just got it done via the online thing. I like that so much better anyway because I don't have trouble understanding them.

$53.95/month with the package/locals/2 622's

I am saving about $80 a month over the AEP now! Time will tell how much we will miss it but it will give us a chance to catch up on the two full external USB drives.

What plan do you have? I have DHPP 18-month and I was able to change to the package. It took the CSR about 30 minutes to verify that I qualified for the new package without voiding my contract, but I'm good to go!

Finally

Took a second chat and a call to the Phillipines but I got the package with no lease fee and my locals and got to keep my Cinemax package. 40.98 was the quoted price.

1. Can anyone confirm that the .01 Cinemax deal is preserved with this package?
2. Can Sirius be added a la carte?
3. For those in Denver, is Altitude included?

OK, answering my own questions:

1. Looks like .01 Cinemax is preserved
2. Sirius cannot be added a la carte, but DishCD can be ($5/mo)
3. Altitude HD is included, but not the SD counterpart (unlike the other HD/SD channels)...is Altitude considered a RSN?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts