New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

Just got Dish, had D*, RSN in Utah not an issue as FSRMHD is game only and have only seen one game broadcast in HD, in two months. This package looks great to me.

CNN has been a staple of cable TV packages from the start. Having a satellite service without CNN does not seem realistic. That would be the deal breaker for me.

CNN has been a staple of cable TV packages from the start. Having a satellite service without CNN does not seem realistic. That would be the deal breaker for me.

If it isn't in HD I don't watch it. You can get all the SD, including CNN, that you want on the internet. CNN is already HD, I'm sure Dish will be carrying it..

Unfortunately for CNN, they don't have viewership anymore. They barely crack half a million viewers on average. If it wasn't for airports and hotels they would be out of business already.

Yo know what I really couldn't give 2 $hits about RSN's. Here in the Nashville area, Fox Sports South HD shows some Predators Hockey but Turner South HD has yet to show anything in HD. Most of the crap on Fox Sports South is about Atlanta teams.

I would be in a dilema with this package as I have to have BBCA, FSC, Setanta, Gol TV and the South Asian Mega Pack.
What would be the price for 250+ and all the HD's.

I am definitely going to miss my RSN (avalanche hockey) but this will give me a chance to watch different teams on NHL net, VS, and HDNET. It seems like there at least ten games a week across those channels anyway.

And this way I am not the only one in the family that is not making a 'sacrifice' when it comes to lost programming.

We are going to make the switch and save probably about $70 a month from the AEP and two 622's with locals.

Yo know what I really couldn't give 2 $hits about RSN's. Here in the Nashville area, Fox Sports South HD shows some Predators Hockey but Turner South HD has yet to show anything in HD. Most of the crap on Fox Sports South is about Atlanta teams.

I would be in a dilema with this package as I have to have BBCA, FSC, Setanta, Gol TV and the South Asian Mega Pack.
What would be the price for 250+ and all the HD's.

The AEP is pushing $120 if you have networks and a couple of DVR's.

I doubt dish will take the SD locals away if you add the HD only package.

That would be logical, but we are dealing with Dish. Their logic may be: this is an HD Only package and ONLY HD locals will therefore be included in the locals add-on.

My logic is: this package contains all the HD channels currently available on Dish EXCEPT RSN's and premium channels (HBO, etc.) Why are the premium channels available as an add-on and not the RSN's?

If I could add ALL locals and the local RSN I would gladly pay $40/month (+DVR fees, leased receiver costs, etc.) for this package. Problem is Dish has gotten used to the $125/month they are currently getting from me and really don't want me to change. So they limit the options with the HD Only package to make it difficult to do so...

Their exclusion of center ice subscribers in beyond silly. I'm on the basic pack ~$12, pay 10 a month, $6 leased fee, so it's like 28 a month. I wanted to give them another $20 for voom and the rest of the lot, but can't during hockey season. What reason, is it because they'll be waiving the $10 hd enabling? I'm glad I found this thread I was unaware this even may be an option. Oh and bring on the vip211 recording already!

Anyone from Dish Network care to step to the plate???

Why are some of you including the HD Enabling Fee?

That fee is for those who have an HD DVR but do not subscribe to an HD package and just want to use the OTA tuner.
I understand the purpose of the enabling fee and that Scott mentioned the "HD Standalone" package is considered qualifying programming. However, I called E* on my long drive into work this morning and a perfect English speaking CSR told me ordering this package would require a $7 enabling fee. She appeared to be up-to-speed on this programming package because she immediately told me it could not be ordered until 1 Feb. I asked her to verify the $7 enabling fee and, after being placed a hold for a short while, she told me the charge was verified by her supervisor.

First, I am glad to see E* is providing information about the HD Standalone package to their CSRs. However, the $7 enabling fee (CSR said it was being charged for not having a qualified programming pack like AT100, etc.) is in conflict to what Scott mentioned and defies common sense.

Second, why can't E* place pricing and fee information concerning the HD Standalone pack on their website? Why can't customers get one, single, reliable word from E* regarding the dreaded HD Enabling Fee?

Anyway, would someone from E* please publish details regarding the $29.99 HD Standalone pack and the obnoxious $7 enabling fee?

(05-03) Jan K: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
JH: On Friday Feb 1, at what time can I start a Chat to request the new HD ONly package for $29.99
(05-03) Jan K: I'd be happy to assist you with that. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
(05-03) Jan K: 7:00AM
(05-03) Jan K: Is there anything else I can do for you?
(05-03) Jan K: That does not mean all of our channels will be available in HD.
JH: I am in the Central Time Zone, is it different than 7 AM
(05-03) Jan K: It is 7 AM Mountain Standard Time.
(05-03) Jan K: That will be 8 AM your time.
JH: Thankyou.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

(05-03) Jan K: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
JH: On Friday Feb 1, at what time can I start a Chat to request the new HD ONly package for $29.99
(05-03) Jan K: I'd be happy to assist you with that. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
(05-03) Jan K: 7:00AM
(05-03) Jan K: Is there anything else I can do for you?
(05-03) Jan K: That does not mean all of our channels will be available in HD.
JH: I am in the Central Time Zone, is it different than 7 AM
(05-03) Jan K: It is 7 AM Mountain Standard Time.
(05-03) Jan K: That will be 8 AM your time.
JH: Thankyou.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
This is 90% of the phone conversations with E* sound like.:mad: