New DishHD $29.99 HD Only Package Details

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hi all! Whew, I just got done reading this whole thread.

I have completed my 2 year contract with Dish with no HD equipment. This is the exact package I am looking for so I would like to upgrade my equipment.

1) What is the best way to get a 722? I currently have a 522.
2) Do I own the receiver I have since I'm done with the contract? I'm guessing no.
3) I have a Dish 1000 and I have DVR now, I take it I don't need to change anything (outside hardware) except for my 522 receiver?

It looks like it might be pain to switch my programming with the clueless csr's. I'm not against canceling and signing up again under my wife's name or something. Especially if I can get the 722.

Thanks in advance.

I am going to try to switch to this programming package once my 6 months of DishHD for free concludes (June). I am curious if the "new" HD channels Jim & Charlie touted will be in the stand alone pack???

According to the online chat I just had:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Me -Question: With the DishHD standalone package (29.99); When new HD channels are added this year will they be added/included to this package?

(01) Jovilyn W: Yes, if we will add HD channels, it will be included in that package.

[/FONT]Now I just have to hold out hope that they will let me change my programming (ie. let me save money).
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

I am sure that many of these channels with no sd equivalent like Mgm , Smithsonian will be included in the ultimate pack along with Voom and in the stand alone hd pack too. THis will be the best deal in the market - 25 new channels added to the 38 we already have=63 hd channels + locals for 34.99 a month. I wonder how long this price will last? Because I am sure many will downgrade to just this pack and drop the sd packs entirely.

Because I am sure many will downgrade to just this pack and drop the sd packs entirely.
Maybe when they really get some HD channels that are worth $30 a month. I could never live with just this package. E* doesn't have any HD locals in my area,or SNYHD thats fulltime,or YESHD. A Directv HD only pack I could live with!

I have both DISH stand alone hd pack and DIRECTV hd dr plus pack +hbo/show/starz and I am covered with the most hd there is out there. So who ever has the most hd at the end of this year will get the majority of my business. I hope it is DISH but so far Directv seems to be in the lead and will have more hd after its next sat launch next week -supposedly 150 national hd channels by the end of this year. DISH seems to be at a disadvantage in the total count. They will have only 100 hd channels by the end of this year.

This could be good or bad news for you HGTV hd and Food hd watchers. Looks like changes coming at the end of the month. Let's hope we will not be seeing the strech-o-vision take place.
HGTV & Food Network to Simulcast In HDTV
Bad news if you enjoy having different SD and HD programming both available. The press release played it up as a plus, being able to watch HD while the SD version was on. However, while you'd see new programs time and date as the SD airing, it's not as if folks watch the SD and HD at the same time.

That said, I wouldn't expect (much) upconversion, considering Scripps has not done that in the time since they've launched. I'm more apt to expect that they now have enough HD sourced programming in the pipeline to make their HD offering a simulcast of the SD programming.

I think the bigger question is what happens to the DIYNet/Fine Living programming that, up to this point, has been consolidated on the two HD networks. For folks who don't get those SD channels, having them available via Food/HGTV HD is a bonus.

Oh my GOD

I won't give you all the details of my almost hour long phone call with a CSR, but it took a request to talk to a supervisor to try and straightened her out. I had to explain what the Dish $29.99 HD Only Package was and tell her over and over again that I did not need or want a $65 install for a 61.5 wing dish. This all ended with her telling me with a real catty voice that she was getting a super, but then she hung up on me after waiting another 5 minutes on hold. Not wanting to kill any more of my cell minutes I waited till I got home to try again and some CSR from half way around the world hooked me right up. No wonder our jobs are going overseas :p

I won't give you all the details of my almost hour long phone call with a CSR, but it took a request to talk to a supervisor to try and straightened her out. I had to explain what the Dish $29.99 HD Only Package was and tell her over and over again that I did not need or want a $65 install for a 61.5 wing dish. This all ended with her telling me with a real catty voice that she was getting a super, but then she hung up on me after waiting another 5 minutes on hold. Not wanting to kill any more of my cell minutes I waited till I got home to try again and some CSR from half way around the world hooked me right up. No wonder our jobs are going overseas :p

That is the main reason I will never go back to Dish Not Work ! Sounds like the same DIP that insisted my 622 was leased not bought, even with the receipt ! What a bunch of losers !:down

The female English speaking csr "without an accent" was unbelievable, I was telling her about Dishnet new packages. No doubt in my mind she put me on hold hoping I would hang up, then hang up for me when I didn't:p

Thank god for the woman CSR with a very heavy Indian accent named "Mary" yeah right :p...............She hooked me right up with the $29.99 HD Only Package removed all my SD receivers from my account and told me what my prorated bill would be next month, no questions asked.:up

BTW: I love the $29.99 HD Only Package . Will Love it even more when we get more HD channels added..........................Soon :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)