New DishHD Packages to be added February

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Boy do I feel like the world's biggest sucker. I just switched to Dish three weeks ago, after 7 years with DirecTV, and leased an 811 and 942. This past weekend I had my Dish 500 swapped out with a Dish 1000, and now this great news from Dish. That's funny. I think I'll send the CEO a nice note too. What's the e-mail address?

I've been with dish for about 4 years but I think I'm going to be a new customer real quick!! If you get my drift. A new MPEG4 receiver for 49.99 sounds real good right now.

If everything gets put at full rez I won't mind waiting but if there going to be HD lite then this is going to suck.

I have a feeling that Charlie will give us existing customers some info on when and how they plan on upgrading us here in the next few days.

BrettTRay said:
I have a feeling that Charlie will give us existing customers some info on when and how they plan on upgrading us here in the next few days.

Well, they are going to have to do SOMEthing for existing customers. I mean, I could just buy the unit outright (622) but I would rather lease in the beginning.

Let's see, if I cancel Dish, then re-order it a week later, am I a 'new' customer at that point? :rolleyes:

Are they still having the HD chat on the 9th ?

Lucky said:
Even DirecTV only did locals in MPEG4. Dish has a lot of nerve doing nationals in MPEG4. A lot of us will not see them for quite a while.

That's a luxury D* has because they've added nothing but locals.

There's really nothing to bitch about (or at least get too fired up about) unless they don't offer some sort of free upgrade path.

Well, I'm going to reserve my anger for after the announcement on an upgrade path for existing customers. I, too, leased a 942 7 months ago for $250. I simply will NOT pay for another upgrade. I'm emailing the ceo address immediately.

I guess it's cool that we will finally be getting Universal HD and ESPN2, but at what f&%king cost?

Jesus christ...

Sonnyboy, no, some say you can never be a 'new' customer,

mrplow, yes they are as far as I know!

Becoming a "new" customer is easy. Just put it in your wifes name and put the number as your cell phone. Presto, new customer. When I install for people that have done this it makes for the easiest money I've ever made. The wires, dish, and every thing is there except putting the receivers in and activating them.

That's one thing I wanted to ask the installers.

If you show up to an install and they basically have everything there (dishes, switches, cables), do you still proceed to activate the new receivers? or Do you just say "You obviously were a customer before, so you don't get the new receivers".

drsiebling said:
Well, I'm going to reserve my anger for after the announcement on an upgrade path for existing customers. I, too, leased a 942 7 months ago for $250. I simply will NOT pay for another upgrade. I'm emailing the ceo address immediately.

Yeah, I upgraded for $250 after "begging" in an e-mail to the CEO address, too - are they now gonna try to stick us up for another $250 - $300 upgrade for a 622? No way, not now!!!

Let us know if/when you get an answer, drsiebling...

RandallA said:
That's one thing I wanted to ask the installers.
If you show up to an install and they basically have everything there (dishes, switches, cables), do you still proceed to activate the new receivers? or Do you just say "You obviously were a customer before, so you don't get the new receivers".
Thats one thing that people don't understand. These installers aren't the police. The customer has already been cleared as a new customer or the installer wouldn't be there installing the receivers. I've never seen a installer pass up that easy money to tell on someone. For all the installer nows is the person that lived there before had the stuff installed or they just got a divorce and the spouse had it installed.

Well, we simply don't know what the upgrade plan is, if any, for those with leased 942s. The announcement doesn't deal with this. So anyone in that boat should not be flying off the handle yet.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't write to Dish and lobby for them to do the right thing.

Tom Bombadil said:
Well, we simply don't know what the upgrade plan is, if any, for those with leased 942s. The announcement doesn't deal with this. So anyone in that boat should not be flying off the handle yet.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't write to Dish and lobby for them to do the right thing.
follow this link for offical notice.
300.00 to upgrade my 921 is too much. I spent a grand not even 2 years ago and now I need to spend more No No No

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=68854&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=801107&highlight=

BrettTRay said:
Thats one thing that people don't understand. These installers aren't the police. The customer has already been cleared as a new customer or the installer wouldn't be there installing the receivers. I've never seen a installer pass up that easy money to tell on someone. For all the installer nows is the person that lived there before had the stuff installed or they just got a divorce and the spouse had it installed.

Thanks. Well then if the upgrade path is absolutely ridiculous, the Dish Network account goes under my wife's name in Feb.

brian24740 said:
DISH Network Launches Nation's Largest HD Package - DishHD, Featuring Local HD Channels and New VOOM HD Channels
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 5, 2006--

In addition, DISH Network will launch high-definition local channels through its satellite service in up to 50 markets in 2006, starting with Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and New York in February, and reaching more than 50 percent of U.S. TV households with local HD channels. The remainder of the country's local HD channels will be offered to DISH Network customers via an off-air antenna solution.

It seems Atlanta got dropped from the list of first roll out markets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)