New DishHD Packages to be added February

Status
Please reply by conversation.
fs2685 said:
Dish currently offers the AT120 and AT180 Value Packs that include all the HBO and Cinemax channels at some discount over adding both separately. I wonder if they'll have something similar with the HD Silver and Gold packages?

From what I have read on dealer chat transcripts here and other forum's, the Value Packs will be available on the new HD packs, and not only will you be able to choose HBO or Cinamax, but Showtime, Starz and Play Boy have bean added to the mix as well. The bad news is that these packs are going from a $17/mo premium to a $20/mo premium, when you add the $3/mo increase for the VP pack, $2/mo increase for AT120 and AT180 and the $5/mo increase for the new and improved "DishHD" pack's, some will be paying a whopping $10/mo increase.

I think most of us expected an increase in the HD Pak rate once more channels were added. Given that we will be picking up 7 immediate new channels, with a good chance of 2-5 more without any additional increase, I think the price increase from $15/mon to $20/mon is reasonable.

If they offer a VP with HBO and Showtime, I may drop my AEP package for it.

Just wondering when HGTV and Food HD are added will they be 1920x1080i like was stated in the press release for the 2 channels? If not then you know Dish is lying about HD and that would be the proof...don't you think? And also about VOOM the guy that was on CC said that VOOM was True HD 1920x1080i if I'm correct. He said the VOOM original shows they are making are in HD so why would Dish downrez them? All this proof out there that these things are really true HD but yet no one is really taking a stand on it? I don't get it. I just know lying get's you nowhere so I'd say they are hanging by a thread

Last edited:
Universal is 1920 and I don't see a reason for food and HGTV to be 1920 as well. I'm still comfortable beliving voom is at 1280 because there is something limiting DISH from providing it at 1920, they aren't at 1280 because dish feels like it.

Well I hope Dish will update their site with the new HD Packages soon.

Chris Freeland said:
From what I have read on dealer chat transcripts here and other forum's, the Value Packs will be available on the new HD packs, and not only will you be able to choose HBO or Cinamax, but Showtime, Starz and Play Boy have bean added to the mix as well. The bad news is that these packs are going from a $17/mo premium to a $20/mo premium, when you add the $3/mo increase for the VP pack, $2/mo increase for AT120 and AT180 and the $5/mo increase for the new and improved "DishHD" pack's, some will be paying a whopping $10/mo increase.
I spoke with someone in CEO Escalations yesterday about the 622 lease upgrade promo with HD Platinum w/Locals. I currently have the AEP, Locals, and all available HD. He quoted me an estimated $10/mo increase. I'm debating, but I don't think it's too bad of a deal.

Allin4greeN said:
I spoke with someone in CEO Escalations yesterday about the 622 lease upgrade promo with HD Platinum w/Locals. I currently have the AEP, Locals, and all available HD. He quoted me an estimated $10/mo increase. I'm debating, but I don't think it's too bad of a deal.
I believe that if you have the current voom package it may actually be cheaper

juan said:
I believe that if you have the current voom package it may actually be cheaper
:upI like the sound of that! I do currently have Voom, can you help me run the numbers/understand how it could be cheaper?

Edit: der... I just looked at the package prices again. You're right, HD Platinum w/Locals comes out cheaper than what I'm paying right now. Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited:
I am a current subscriber that has the 522 without a contract. Would I have to sign a contract if I upgrade to the 622?

Thanks

bymyhand said:
I am a current subscriber that has the 522 without a contract. Would I have to sign a contract if I upgrade to the 622?

1. If you buy the 622, you don't have to sign any commitment.
2. If you lease the 622, you will have to sign a contract.

I am guessing that the $299 charge is for a lease, right? Also what is the contract length? 18 months?

bymyhand said:
I am guessing that the $299 charge is for a lease, right? Also what is the contract length? 18 months?

Yes for both questions. The only way to avoid a contract is to purchase the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)