New DIY Voom+Dish Setup Help

whizpup

Original poster
May 11, 2005
Thanks in advance for any help. I've read bits and pieces but not found the exact answer. I'm an ex-Dish subscriber, then Voom enthusiest/subsciber but now nothing subscriber. I called Dish today and requested DishHD only plus Voom pak which they granted (with a $5/mo access fee) without other programming much to my surprize. In my attempt to keep costs rock bottom asked them to fire my 811 HD receiver back up and now only need to hook it up. My setup is this, I have my old Dish dish pointed correctly from before at E* and my Voom dish pointed at Rainbow 1 correctly as well in order to get all the HD content available. What I'm not clear on is if I can simply run both dish setups through a switch and into my 811 HD receiver and I'm done? If so, what exact model switch would be correct for these two different dish LNBs to feed the 811? Or is there more to it that I'm missing? Their website says I need a MULTI DISH SWITCH, model SW44. I'm expecting this is nothing special. Also, the dish/LNB setups are OK as is? Trying to save the $100 second dish setup fee :eek:
I'm new at this so thanks a bunch for any help !

"Interesting - I use a Mac to help me design the next Cray."
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when he was told that Apple bought a
Cray supercomputer to help design the next Mac.

Welcome to the forum, whizpup!

Sounds like your questions are more related to Dish than they are to VOOM.
I suggest you post them in the Dish Network section: you will have better luck getting the answers there.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)