New EPG Info data - strange

Post pictures.
I still don't have the issues you are experiencing.

please look at channel 150, saturday night, supercross, i show only 1 tab(summary) on the information and can not set a series timer for it, it acts like it sets, but then checking timers it is not there. the first few races of the year were picked up on a seek timer and worked great.
the tmz name change is what it is, the jokers one has been corrected this week.
i have also seen others without episode numbers and air dates so they also record on new

thanks

Now the EPG is showing "The Kelly File" in her old FoxNews slot instead of Tucker Carlson. Actual program is Tucker.

One "bug" in the new guide is that the descriptions now offer opinions of movies, and those opinions don't agree with the rating in stars. For example, a movie described something like "this hilarious comedy" only had a 1-star rating. If the description is going to include movie critiques, I think the star rating should match.

Well, I finally had my first Guide information glitch yesterday.

I got 13 episodes of Fast And Loud all in a row because the Guide data said NEW, and in fact not one of them was New.

My H3 also Missed 2 recordings that were new from 2 unrelated timers.

So if this is related to guide data, Dish better get a grip on what's going on.
Blame Rovi all we want, But I didn't hire them...

I've contacted Dish 3 days in a row about the guide being messed up. Don't know what else to do. The hangup on the remote is ridiculous also this all started with the guide issues.

One "bug" in the new guide is that the descriptions now offer opinions of movies, and those opinions don't agree with the rating in stars. For example, a movie described something like "this hilarious comedy" only had a 1-star rating. If the description is going to include movie critiques, I think the star rating should match.

Agree, it doesn't always match up with the ratings. But I also think those opinions also are some of what is causing the truncated descriptions which is my biggest complaint. The use of symbols with extra spaces is also the problem. ( : or - as examples with spaces after) I do have a couple of shows that the receiver now thinks is new on both airings on the original night, like Outsiders.

Spoke with one of the software gurus at Dish. As far as the guide Kelly File issue they are aware with several hundred reports currently working on it. The guide hangup they are aware of also but doesn't happen with everyone so been trouble shooting for some time now. What they weren't aware of was large font would fix the hangup. Now they have a different angle to troubleshoot from.

There are certain shows on 236 (WSBK) I cannot set a timer for. Oh well.

Large Font doesn't fix the EPG for me.
I'm not sure what the E is in EPG but it was mentioned in this thread guide was messed up with Kelly File and the thread I started about subject got locked for some reason. So posted followup here.

My guide doesn't freeze with large font.

The picture/ artwork on the top of the screen when you turn a channel are all blank on all the OTA stations. These are Chicago stations I get OTA.

Yeah, I've seen that, too, and it was somewhat amusing, but mostly annoying.

Is that deal DISH and ROVI make in august affect tv data because if so it's not going to get fixed for 10 years. Which is absolutely stupid
The deal you are referring to was for licensing Rovi's (now TiVo's) voice command patents for use with the Dish feature. However, as you imply, the EPG wording and other similarities seem like what is observed on TiVo DVR's now using former Rovi's metadata.

look at supercross tonight, 151, look at program info, summary, new or not, things like that. there is nothing other than summary. doesn't say new, or original air date, no information.
try setting a recording, to record series, doesn't work, recording not set. can only record this 1 event. then go to saturday the 18th 150, like 9pm. same supercross title. same problems.
not good !!

had a seek timer for motorcycle racing or something, worked great for the first few supercross races, broken now
Just like when TiVo switched to their new owner's (Rovi) metadata: unable to record shows and more. Rovi has changed their corporate name to TiVo, so that the Rovi management can ruin what was then TiVo's still fairly good reputation among consumers regarding quality products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)