New Equipment... All Signs GO!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have heard from a few contacts that all systems are GO for the launch of the following products in Mid November.

DISH Player 921 HD DVR
DISH 811 HD Receiver
DISH 322 MultiRoom Receiver (On DHP Only)
And yes...
The SuperDISH!

For those who have pre ordered a 921 or placed their names on our waiting lists for a 921 or 811, I can assure you we will be working hard to fill your orders as quickly as possible.

If you a SatelliteGuys Regular expect a slight slow down in news up until the products launch, as all effort by Dish is now going to be finishing these products and getting them out the door.

You can bet that SatelliteGuys will be giving YOU the first look and full reviews of many of the new products soon. :)

Thanks for your support!

At least we can still complain about the 522 and DP+44. When in the hell is Dish going to release them??!!

Cyclone said:
At least we can still complain about the 522 and DP+44. When in the hell is Dish going to release them??!!

Cyclone, it has been announced and posted about a 100 zillion times that the DP+44 would be out in 2004. There has been NOTHING more specific. You already know this as you are an extremely avid reader and poster on this and many other forums.

Since I'm first on the 921 list from satellitegusystore.com, I'm very excited about this news. My local CBS stations just started passing HD wednesday - so I'm ready to start recording CSI in HD!!

A_Noland said:
Since I'm first on the 921 list from satellitegusystore.com, I'm very excited about this news. My local CBS stations just started passing HD wednesday - so I'm ready to start recording CSI in HD!!

I thought that I read somewhere that the 921 would not record OTA signals. Is this not correct?

Scott, have you heard anything on the HD package (921 or 811 + monitor) when it will be available? I've got a couple at work that may be interested in the deal. Thanks - RAD

Rad still hearing that things will be available "around" November 15th.

I am also told that most products are now at packout waiting to be shipped to the warehouses.

Of course again let me say that while things look good Dish is KNOWN for not always meeting dates. :)

The 15th was NOT the date. The date was Nov 1st. OR we could go on and on with dates they have missed on the 811.

Rumors upon rumors upon rumors.

Why do we continue to abuse ourselves with constant hand-wringing speculation based on a steady stream of unconfirmed leaks from unnamed 'sources' that only serve to fan the flames of even more speculation.

With all due respect, Scott, I give less credence to the 'revelations' bestowed upon you than I do to the 'gospel according to Charlie' and the drivel we get from the monthly E* chats, which isn't saying much at all.

Posters on E* boards here and elsewhere speculate incestuously to each other like cannibalistic pirana in a post-hibernation mutual feeding frenzy. It's an endless circle-jerk between E*, their E*ager-beavers and the chronic complainers.

We impatiently want everything and we want it yesterday, but we won't tolerate any bugs, disabled features, defects or flaws. And when we finally get "it", whatever "it" is, because of our unrealistically hyped expectations, we'll predictably feel under-served and inevitably proceed to let loose (not lose) a steady stream of complaints, virulent criticism or worse.

Personally, I'm way beyond sick and tired of the tedious speculation; the constant complaining, bitching and moaning. Nothing we do or say here or anywhere else is going to change anything. Why not just sit back quietly, watch tv and patiently wait for the good stuff to hit the street?

Because it's fun! We all like to go to a place or gather with friends and bitch and moan about this and that, it makes us feel like we are not alone. Satellite Guys is a place to come and bitch and moan about satellite products, to see others have the same concerns and problems. Rumors are fun and provide insight to things that do eventually come out. Just never put all those hopes in the rumor basket and you won't become a basket case when they are never fully met.

Anonymous said:
Why do we continue to abuse ourselves with constant hand-wringing speculation based on a steady stream of unconfirmed leaks from unnamed 'sources' that only serve to fan the flames of even more speculation.............Why not just sit back quietly, watch tv and patiently wait for the good stuff to hit the street?

If we all know that E* won't make their dates, and we all accept that it is only speculation, then there is no real harm. It's like talking about how your local football team needs to stop the run and pressure the QB, even though they have not done it all year and there is no reason to expect it to start now.

Of course, you could always avoid threads that don't start with "It's here, it's really here!!!" :p

P.

It is fun and we are al excited. That is why we come to this forum to find out information. Although some may turn out to be untrue that is the nature of the game.

rtt2 said:
That is why we come to this forum to find out information.

And that's exactly the problem. We don't get information. We get rumors and frustration. I agree completely with Guest's post. I come here to try to get factual information. Instead I wade through pile and piles and speculation which equates to horse manure. I don't find it fun at all and I'm about to stop coming here and to DBSForum. I'll just take my chances on hearing about real facts elsewhere.

I recall a chat (I forget if it was a tech or Charlie chat about 2 or 3 months ago. Up until the very afternoon of the chat, there were posts from people supposedly in the know that Dish would reveal all sorts of great information about the upcoming HD products. And guess what, just one sentence on the chat about the HD products. There was speculation that the person who received this special information was intentionally fed misinformation. I should have learned at that time that nothing, and I repeat NOTHING, that comes from these special contacts that people have can be taken seriously. Yet there is post after post and thread after thread of "new" announcements that generally are pure nonsense. Sure, if you post enough threads saying that the products are coming next week, eventually, one of those predictions will come true, but that won't make the bearer of that news a hero.

Frankly, I wish Dish what DirecTV and other do. No chats. No pre announcments. No nothing until products are ready to ship and there is an official press release. I wish that those people with special contacts would do the same and not say anything until there is an official announcement.

Now, I'm going to try to control my curiosity and stay away from these forums. It's not fun. It's frustrating. And ultimately, wading through all these useless speculation trying to find some real information just isn't worth it.

So Jerry what keeps you coming back?

Delete us from your bookmarks if you don't like the info we share.

I only pass along what I am told.

Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out.

Scott, I was about to post the same thing..

Guest, if you don't like what's on the TV... change the channel.

YuriLuzr said:
Because it's fun! We all like to go to a place or gather with friends and bitch and moan about this and that, it makes us feel like we are not alone. Satellite Guys is a place to come and bitch and moan about satellite products, to see others have the same concerns and problems. Rumors are fun and provide insight to things that do eventually come out. Just never put all those hopes in the rumor basket and you won't become a basket case when they are never fully met.

Yup!!

No offense meant, but if you don't find it fun, then you should probably be surfing elsewhere. 'just my 2 cents.

If you take the information you get here and add or subtract some uncertainty factor, you'll find out that most of it is correct.

This really adds some kind of suspense to my days. I enjoy it.

If you want very accurate information, you can get it four months after you read it here at http://www.dishnetwork.com/ :)

I think reading this forum is fun. We cannot take life or this forum too seriously or you will always be disapointed. Enjoy life, enjoy this forum, enjoy Scott's tips for what they are! Just tips.

But, I guess Jerry G will never read my comments. Your are not still here, are you Jerry G?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)