New Equipment Fees & Lease Fees

OK, i said in another post that somebody should make spreadsheet or webpage that can figure this out for everyone. nobody did so i went ahead and made one. i may not have everythign in there correctly but between the 150,000 we have here i bet it can be corrected. the thing i really had trouble with was whether if you had an at/wDVR did you still get the 6 buck dvr fee as well. so if you have AT250/wDVR or a pack like it, your bill might be 6 bucks +/- so YMMV. hope this helps everyone. it is in a zip file, with an openoffice spreadsheet and an excell spreadsheet. not sure if the excell one works correctly cause i don't have excell just can save it as an .xls file with openoffice.

if it works, great, if it doesn't, oh well i tried.
Works fine, just delete the seemingly blank space in cell B48 and the #VALUE! goes away in the cells at the bottom of the page. Also, you could highlight (or background color) the cells that people are supposed to enter in info and it would be even greater/easier.

I don't know if this will work, but I modified it and will attach it here with my info. The price works out exactly for what I pay.

Great job. Suprised I didn't read much of anything yet on your spreadsheet. For all the questions and confusion, it seems like a great way to get rid of all that. Maybe we're the only ones who have a spreadsheet program!

Excell is what I tried it on, so if that's the only thing that comes up when going from one program to another, that's pretty good. (The formula on E48 and E49 get messed up if the cell in B48 isn't cleared out).;)

Attachments

• Dish Network Fees.xls
    20 KB · Views: 192
Works fine, just delete the seemingly blank space in cell B48 and the #VALUE! goes away in the cells at the bottom of the page. Also, you could highlight (or background color) the cells that people are supposed to enter in info and it would be even greater/easier.

I don't know if this will work, but I modified it and will attach it here with my info. The price works out exactly for what I pay.

Great job. Suprised I didn't read much of anything yet on your spreadsheet. For all the questions and confusion, it seems like a great way to get rid of all that. Maybe we're the only ones who have a spreadsheet program!

Excell is what I tried it on, so if that's the only thing that comes up when going from one program to another, that's pretty good. (The formula on E48 and E49 get messed up if the cell in B48 isn't cleared out).;)

thanks, i wasn't for sure if the excel sheet would work properly. i don't have a copy of excel to try it on so i was hoping it would just work. i highlighted the user input fields and zipped my .ods file with your .xls file for all.

like i said before, if it works great. just helping those who prefer a spread sheet to pen an paper. i prefer a spreadsheet since my handwriting is awful. :D:D

Attachments

• FEES.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 124
thanks, i wasn't for sure if the excel sheet would work properly. i don't have a copy of excel to try it on so i was hoping it would just work. i highlighted the user input fields and zipped my .ods file with your .xls file for all.

like i said before, if it works great. just helping those who prefer a spread sheet to pen an paper. i prefer a spreadsheet since my handwriting is awful. :D:D
My handwriting is awful as well, maybe we should have an awful handwriting contest...:eek:

I don't know how to use the ODS file, but the xls file worked just fine. Thanks again!

Disclaimer! This is not my pricing sheet, but rather what Scott has posted from multiple sources, the last and most important/real, being the retailer chat.

I have HD "pry if from my cold dead fingers" Absolute + one 622 DVR.. current bill is

dishHD Absolute With Locals 34.99
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 5.98
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
$ 46.96

if I read the guide correctly, my new bill is

34.99 Absolute with locals
Item #1 per the guide, my 622 is my 1st rcvr.. so it is free? $0
Item #2 yes, I have a DVR (the 622).. $6
Item #3 yes, plugged in... $0
DHPP $5.99

So my new total is $46.98

A cost increase of $0.02. I can hang with that.

AbsoluteHD is an old package that some are grandfathered into, but it is no longer available. There are also the TurboHD packages (Bronze/Silver/Gold) that are no longer being advertised but ARE still available. Both are HD-only packages that offer fewer channels but at a reduced cost. I have TurboHD Silver for $40/mo. plus locals for $5/mo. plus DVR service for $6/mo. for a total bill of $51/month. Do a search for "turbo" here and you should be able to find other threads that show what channels are in the packages.

That's because you got a bad CSR and/or you were not persist enough. I know a coworker that called just a week ago and got TurboHD with little to no hassle -- so it is possible.

The spreadsheet works great with OpenOffice 3.1.
I was working this out by hand but the SS sure made it nice and easy.

Good job to whoever did this .

Now how to save ?

I have the 622 duo but I only have ONE set monitor.
Not sure if it is worth it to ask them to swap out my 622 for a 612 - only save $7
I never plan on more them one monitor.. so maybe I should ask?

Is the 612 just as 'good' or bad as the 622?

I have OpenOffice, it is great. I just upgraded last night to the latest version.

Anyways, I have a 522 and 722. If I go with a Turbo Package (if I can find a CSR that will let me go with it), I assume the 522 will receive the SD fees of the HD channels available in the package?

....swap out my 622 for a 612 - only save $7
I never plan on more them one monitor.. so maybe I should ask?

Is the 612 just as 'good' or bad as the 622?

Don't do it. You won't be as happy with the ViP612. Besides, the second tuner lets you watch and record at the same time.

OK, i said in another post that somebody should make spreadsheet or webpage that can figure this out for everyone. nobody did so i went ahead and made one. i may not have everythign in there correctly but between the 150,000 we have here i bet it can be corrected. the thing i really had trouble with was whether if you had an at/wDVR did you still get the 6 buck dvr fee as well. so if you have AT250/wDVR or a pack like it, your bill might be 6 bucks +/- so YMMV. hope this helps everyone. it is in a zip file, with an openoffice spreadsheet and an excell spreadsheet. not sure if the excell one works correctly cause i don't have excell just can save it as an .xls file with openoffice.

if it works, great, if it doesn't, oh well i tried.

Great job! I used the spreadsheet to calculate a 21% ($25) increase in my bill. This is in the ballpark that I figured it would be. Now I can re-evaluate my service. Who knows! I may be able to get my bill even lower this year!

Great job! I used the spreadsheet to calculate a 21% ($25) increase in my bill. This is in the ballpark that I figured it would be. Now I can re-evaluate my service. Who knows! I may be able to get my bill even lower this year!

what other bills go up over 20%?

Other than perhaps gasoline:(

Even better, we now have people cutting and pasting the same responses and information in more than one of them....

I say we try for an even 10. Is this #4 or #5. I am losing count.

The cut & paste is actually very helpful for anyone looking for the info, othewise its buried in 1000s of posts

Absolute HD is the best package that no one can get. All HD, 1/2 the cost and no longer exists as an option. Just forget you heard about it and you'll be better off...:D

Didnt you hear for all absolute subs theres a new 50 buck monthly fee, So E can claim the price stayed the same:(

Yeah I am JOKING!

If absolute changes in price or disappears, I'M GONE..................................end of story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)