New Equipment Fees & Lease Fees

If you compare problem posts with the 622 and 722, I think the 612 is no worse. It is made in China which doesn't help. Quality control there is pathetic. The best ViPs were made in Mexico. Then they shifted to India (worse) and now China (even worse).

I think the first 612s rolling off the line were bad. No suprise from Red China.

Wait, why are we losing jobs? Oh, I get it.

Damn, My bill is going up over $10 per month. It could be time to back to cable. If only they would sign with the damn NFL network!!!

Before I left D*, I think they were doing that same crap: only giving a $3 credit for no locals despite the fact they upped all the packages $5 and included locals in them.

Providers learn from one another:(

Imagine what Ds receiver fees will be next year:(

Dont say you werent warned:)

Waiting till feb 1st at urging of insiders. FIOS my most likely alternative. Unsure of DVR..........

But I made the point that E learned from D about fees, and next year its likely D will do what E is planning.

I am looking at a different path:)

Buying all my favorite shows on DVDs, putting them in a DVD server, using my DTV pal DVR for OTA with perhaps a little net streaming.

I do think that once one provider does something with a fee (increase, add on, take away a discount) then the others will follow after they see that it does not cause too much of an issue.

Well cable has done these type of fees for YEARS, so why not DISH be the first in satellite to become the new cable from the sky company? DISH has more cable like fees than anyone else with more confusion . Fees that are created "just because we can charge for them". Dvr fees per dvr receiver? Come on that was way to greedy and it slowed growth at DISH for doing it. How many years went by from when DISH first hit 13 million before it hit 14 million? THey added 2 million in one year when they added dvrs with OUT any fees -501/721 pvrs. But that wasn't good enough for Charlie, had to charge for each dvr individually. :censored:

Now the new equipment fees not only didn't do away with the dvr fee PER dvr receiver, they rolled the phone line connection fee into it too. Now there is speculation that DISH might still allow a credit for $5.00 ,for the phone being connected to the duo tuner dvrs. The sad thing is that people are feeling relieved if this is true, because it will keep the prices the same as today for extra duo tuner dvrs. So they will still have to pay the dvr fee per dvr receiver, but they might escape the phone line connection fee.:(

DISH is the cable pig.:down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)