New external Hard Drive..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Parakiller

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Can I get my HD dvr to default to record on the new HDD that I installed? It seems that the only option I have is to archive the shows I already have...:confused:

No, but what is the problem with archiving. The dvr receiver does it in the background and does not stop you from recording or watching tv or watching a recording. And it will transfer programs at a very fast rate.

I did not know that it could do that while I was recording and watching! I guess its a non issue...but it would be nice to be able to tell your recordings to go there to begin with...it would save a step...

Archiving is much quicker than recording directly. I think I can archive 6 hours of HD in an hour or so. Its also amazing how much clutter can accumulate on your hard drive when you're doing timeshifting, if you don't delete it right after you watch it. Deleting is a really quick way to free up space.:D

fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)