SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Hello all!
New firmware has been released for the Amiko Mini HD265. This update mainly fixes YouTube playback. YouTube has changed their policies again so it broke YouTube playing on previous releases.

You can download below or on my website. My website also has instructions and warnings for updating the firmware.

I have been emailed and PMed by a couple of people about YouTube no longer working, so I am glad to be able to release this!

You can click the link below to go to my site:
Welcome to Michael Electronics

Attachments

• HD265-JULY2019.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 482
I upgraded my Mini HD265 to the July 2019 firmware and have run into a problem. The actual upgrade with ALL SW plus bootloader mode completed and the unit rebooted fine. I then used the Channel List Only update mode to restore my backup. The unit has been in a reboot loop since. The front display alternates between ON and on, and the TV flashes Amiko briefly. Any ideas? I'm guessing somehow the channel list restore somehow corrupted something. Is there a way to reset the unit to default without it booting up?

The unit will have to be re-loaded via RS232. :(

Is the software to perform the re-load available to download? Do you know the pinouts for the 3.5mm cable needed? I have a DB9 serial port on my PC.
Thanks

Thanks to some info from KE4EST, I was able to get it working again using the serial cable and the channel editor software. Re-loading the July 2019 firmware file didn't help, neither did loading the backup file I had saved to the flash drive. I exported the channel list from the backup file, and then uploaded that file and the unit booted up. Even then, the channels weren't totally restored, they were all listed with no info, and nothing was working trying to select channels. I re-ran the July 2019 upgrade, and now that it is working, I am just going to set up the satellite channels again from scratch. There must be something in my channel list that the newer firmware doesn't like.

For reference, the serial cable uses a 4 conductor 3.5mm x 17mm plug like the IR plug. (1 tip = pin3 TxD, 2 = pin5 Gnd, 3 = pin2 RxD, 4 = pin5 Gnd)

Glad to hear you got it going again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)