Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We as some of you may have noticed, last week before I left for CES, I cleaned up some of the old dead wood forums, most noticeable is our cable TV areas and our movie section. :)

So while I was at CES I was thinking about SatelliteGuys and thinking about adding some new forums... one of the forums I am thinking about adding is "Home Automation"

There was so much home automation at CES, stuff that was Homekit for control by Apple's Siri, and other was controlable by Amazon's Alexa... will I found it exciting. So is anyone interested in seeing that?

Do you have any ideas for some new forums? Do you have an expertise for the forum you are suggesting? Would you like to moderate a forum?

While not all ideas will be made into forum, we will at least consider them. :D

Just looking to give people more to talk about here at SatelliteGuys.

Thanks!

Anyone... anyone?

1.jpg

Reactions: KE4EST
We for sure need home automation. I have Alexa with some weMo switches and I have made my own with Arduino and cloning a weMo switch into a ESP-8266 WiFi module. Really neat stuff!

I think home automation would be a great forum. I have been getting involved with ZWave devices that tie into my alarm.com panel in the house, but Alexa intrigues me so may be getting more involved there.

I've been considering Alexa myself and would be interested in a forum with all things related to the subject.

How about some TV reviews and Trouble- shooting forums for specific manufacturers?

Maybe some more hands on model reviews from the manufacturers and the members.

Everything here now , is so generalized.

Can someone create an Alexa Skill to Index and Read the new SatelliteGuys.US Home Automation Amazon Forum?;)

Being the Apple lag-behind in Home Automation, it would be nice to see what I'm missing with HomeKit that the other hubs and systems provide.

A general sub forum on securing your Home Automation set-up would be good, too. After all, the "S" in "IoT" stands for "Security"! (credit to Steve Gibson)

The thing I don't like about Alexa is I can't easily find out what skills I have enabled. Asking Alexa "What are your skills?" just has her offer me more skills.

The thing I don't like about Alexa is I can't easily find out what skills I have enabled. Asking Alexa "What are your skills?" just has her offer me more skills.

The only way (I know of) is to go online or use the App and choose to see enabled skills.

Home automation is a great forum idea. I have had a z wave enabled smart home for 15+ years, Though there is some overlap, an Alexa forum that goes beyond traditional home automation. Thinking the integration with Ford, games and services via Alexa, etc. Maybe way off topic, but a forum on hints on energy saving ideas and devices.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)