New Giants Stadium

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
Where are the Giants going to build their new stadium?

And if the Jets are going to move there too, what will become of The Meadowlands?

It will become a cesspool for waste disposal. Seriously, wasn't this stadium originally built on top of an existing landfill?
And Jimmy Hoffa's grave.

I think the new stadium is being built on one of the parking lots for Giants Stadium so once it's open I suppose they'll tear down the old stadium to regain the parking spaces.

I wish they would move back to the city somewhere. Didn't the Dolans have some weird plan for building one near MSG?

And Jimmy Hoffa's grave.

I think the new stadium is being built on one of the parking lots for Giants Stadium so once it's open I suppose they'll tear down the old stadium to regain the parking spaces.

So the new site will still be located in Jersey?

Strangely enough, even though New York claims 3 NFL teams, only the Buffalo Bills are located within the state of New York.

Yes the new stdium is in Joisey. The Jets wanted build a stadium of their own in Manhattan but it fell through because of zoning issues (ie they didn't bribe the right people enough), so the Jets are going to continue to mooch off the Giants with the new stadium.

what will become of The Meadowlands?
Based on the way the Jints are extorting tens of thousands of dollars for bogus "seat licenses" from their long-time and incredibly loyal season-ticket holders, it wouldn't surprise me if they left Giants Stadium standing and sold season tickets to watch the games next door on Jumbotron-type TV.

:D

Yes the new stdium is in Joisey. The Jets wanted build a stadium of their own in Manhattan but it fell through because of zoning issues (ie they didn't bribe the right people enough), so the Jets are going to continue to mooch off the Giants with the new stadium.
I thought the Jets didn't get a Manhattan stadium because it was going to be the Olympic Stadium and New York lost out on the 2012 Games.

I thought the Jets didn't get a Manhattan stadium because it was going to be the Olympic Stadium and New York lost out on the 2012 Games.
The Jets stadium was going to the Olympic Stadium, but it was the political BS that killed the deal and NYC's olympic bid.

Based on the way the Jints are extorting tens of thousands of dollars for bogus "seat licenses" from their long-time and incredibly loyal season-ticket holders, it wouldn't surprise me if they left Giants Stadium standing and sold season tickets to watch the games next door on Jumbotron-type TV.

:D

Hey guys...new here. If you seen the recent edition of Real Sports on HBO, they interviewed a Giants fan, whose family held season tickets since the 1950s, was pissed about the PSL plan that the Giants are using at the new stadium.

Hey guys...new here. If you seen the recent edition of Real Sports on HBO, they interviewed a Giants fan, whose family held season tickets since the 1950s, was pissed about the PSL plan that the Giants are using at the new stadium.

Hi Shawn,
welcome and glad to have you aboard! :welcome :)
Unfortunately these personal seat licenses are the way of the future with these new stadiums. It's their way of passing down the costs to us customers. :rolleyes:

The new stadium, like many built recently, is being built in the parking lot of the old stadium, and the old stadium will become the parking lot.

Unlike the Giants Stadium, the new stadium will be a 50/50 deal, and thus NOT called "New Giants Stadium" but rather will have its naming rights sold to corporation (rumor is Alliantz, a German bank, which advertizes heavily with the NFL) and will have unique louvered panels and lighting that will change the colors of the stadium from blue to green, depending on who is playing.

I have no problem with PSLs. Supply and demand.

Sad, but true about the PSLs, Sam. That's the growing trend in the newer NFL stadiums. I remember it started with the Raiders and their move back to a renovated Oakland Coliseum, although it may have started eariler than that. And, if I'm not mistaken, the Cowboys' new stadium will have PSLs as well.

I've seen the pictures of the new Giants/Jets stadium, including the designs...while it's not the Jerrydome in Arlington or the Barn in Indy, it looks very modern but yet somewhat basic. It's almost in the same way that Invesco Field's design is kinda similar to old Mile High. I was passing through Denver on a bus trip around Christmas 2001, Invesco stood out pretty nice, while they were finishing tearing down Mile High (the western stands were still standing at that particular point).

If other businesses had scams like PSLs:

Colleges -- you'd pay $10,000 for the right to apply to a school charging $50,000 annual tuition ...

Banks -- you'd pay $10,000 for the right to pay 23 percent interest on a $250,000 home loan ...

Retailers -- you'd pay an entry fee to get inside the store before you even paid one cent for an item ...

Airlines -- you' d pay $250 for the right to switch your flight (oops -- wait; they do that already)

PSLs are neither a "scam" nor "extortion".

Don't think its worth it? Then don't pay it. Either others will and you have made a free choice in a free society not to, or others won't and prices will come down. The Market, the only perfect thing that can exist on Earth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)