New guy an upgrade question

xLSU

Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Texas
Hello there! I wanted to get some opinions on an upgrade path before I call Dish and potentially get up sold into something I don't need. I am currently not under contract with Dish and have America's Top 250, HBO, Blockbuster at Home, Multisport w/Redzone, DVR Service & Protection Plan. I have a 722 DVR downstairs connected to an HDtv and an SDtv while upstairs I have a VIP222k connected to an HDtv and an SDtv.

My question is I plan on replacing the two SDtv's with HD's next week and want to be able to have a high definition. Would it be as simple as adding two additional 222k's or something similar on the new hdtv's or is the tv2 signal off my current receivers standard def only? I have been reading about the Hopper/Joey combo but the whole house DVR isn't a priority for me, if it can accomplish my desired goal at the lowest price/hassle great but I just really want HD on all 4 tvs with one dvr downstairs. Price is a factor only if we are talking several hundred dollars to get this done, which in that case I would consider DTV and hopefully get it done with minimal cost as a new customer.

I looked through my paperwork and satellite menu's to see what type of lnb:confused: is on the roof but couldn't find anything that jumped out. If need be I can get on the roof and get that info...just tell me what to look for.

Thanks for any advice you might have to offer.

Hi and :welcometo Sat Guys. So if you are wanting to have 4 HD TV's in your home and only one DVR downstairs which you already have, I would probably advise getting 3 ViP211 HD receivers. These would run your $7.00 a piece and since you are paying $14.00 for the ViP222, it would be $7.00 more a month. If you would like information about the Hopper, please PM me your account or phone number and the four digit pin number on the account and I can let you know what would be involved with this upgrade. Thank you!

Hi Mary. Thanks for responding to my question. I sent you a PM with the information you requested along with a couple of questions. I am not sure if it went through so please let me know if you need me to resend it. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)