New H-24 200 Reciever - no local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Buddyboy1

Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
North Carolina
I just recieved a new to me H-24 200 reciever from DirecTV. It will not recieve local channels and error code says dish needs to be realigned. It gets all other channels just fine. Problem is that I have 2 other H-23 recievers in the house connected to same dish that work fine. Ideas?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Buddyboy1!

Can you describe your setup to us? What is the error code? I'm guessing that your H24 needs a bbc connector behind it.

Set up was basically following th menu prompts, set sat as slimline 5 and switch as multiswitch call the 800 number for them to ping it. Don't remember the exact #codes for the error but the description was the dish needed realigning and the phone line needed to be connected. The real "stump the chump" for me was my other, older H-23 HD recievers work fine which tells me the dish is aligned properly. All of my upper channels work great but nothing from 70 down which are local channels I think. Those channels give me a 771 error code. Thanks for the help. I feel like the call center tech at DTV has limited knowledge.

possible solution

If u got a broad band deca attached to the back of the reciever, that might be the prob. put the h24 where a 23 is?if it get locals from that location,its the connection at the old location,not the reciever. What kind of reciever did u have prior to the new h24?

Since you don't have an SWM system, you need two BBCs attached to the inputs of the receiver. The HR23 does not need BBcs but the HR24 does. Call DirecTV and they will send you two free of charge.

From his original post, it's an H24, so only one needed. How many cables are coming from the dish?

OK great....BBC converter. The Tech said that might be the case. Why two of them? I have had a H-23 in this location before recieving the new H-24. It does seem strange that a newer, smaller reciever would require this adapter. Oh well, what do I know.

Thanks Guys!

you only need one since there is only one tuner in the H24
The H23 has it built in so thats why you didnt need it

Three cables coming from the dish, all going to different locations. 2 cables go to different H-23 recievers and the third one to the new H-24. If the H-24 needs BBC, why didn't DTV send them with the reciever? If I put an H-23 in this same location, it works fine.

Yup, you need a bbc. They should have sent one with it, and they will send you one if you ask.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

free sunday ticket for new subs this year?

Looking for a single finder that can do DirectTv SWM & Hughes DAPT2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts