New HD channel problems with 5 lnb and HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DCBacon

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
I have just come down from my roof. I may go back up there later if I receive any helpful replies. I will definitely go up there if I don't...and take the short way down.

Called DirecTV yesterday and spoke to a basic tech because like many of you i am not receiving any of the new HD channels.. He asked all the ordinary things, had I reset, had I checked to see if I had two b-band connectors, etc. No help there beyond the standard offer of a $70 service call.

I checked to see if I have any diplexers or splitters and I think the lines run directly to the tuner from the dish. I had run a separate line to an amplified OTA antenna. All my readings on the signal strength for 103(b) were zeros. I removed the OTA antenna cable and re-ran the signal strength diagnostic. Mostly zeroes but two values of 12. Still none of the new HD.

Someone had mentioned that accounts with HD packages may need a "refresh" to make these channels appear. Any suggestions?

I'll be on the roof.

some questions, who installed it, when was it installed, if it was directv, then they should probably come out and see if it simply needs alignment,up until a few weeks ago, there was no signal from d10 to align to. I had my 5lnb dish installed with my hr20-700 about 6 months ago, i installed all the b and converters and was getting a reasonble pic on the new HD channels but had frequent drop outs, signal levels on 103 b were averaging in the low 70's. Had a new install of a h15 and asked the installer about my 103 levels, he said he would gladly check it out and tweaked the alignemnt so now everything is high 80's or better on all sats. Much fewer drop outs now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.